Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

I suspect there will b many implicated in trying to stop Trump from being elected. It may go as high as Obama. Until some one gets serious about investigating the issue nothing will happen. It certainly won’t come out of the house as they continue their games of obstruction ad diversion.

The question is can they find non partisan people in the FBI and DOJ to do the job or have they been corrupted beyond use.

That’s the problem we face today. Unless it’s built now it may never be built. This is the failing of Trump he should have started 2 years ago.

1 Like

At this point I can’t say that you are wrong in accepting the predictable outcomes of a corrupt political ecosystem that has managed to wesponizef both the DOJ and FBI that has been pretty much been caught red handed but not held to account the ones who are guilty! Yes it does go to Obama and that much I agree with and I am unequivocal in my belief that is indeed the truth! My hope is that there is some white hats left who are willing to bring this to a boil sooner rather than later so our Government can root out the bad actors and get back to restoring some semblance of governance! At this point, it’s the only option to the alternative and that is our institutions will crumble before our eyes and a civil war breaks out!

I believe the GOP torpedoed the bill that had medicare cuts in return for tax hikes.

But I certainly could be wrong.

It’s hard to understand why he didn’t move on this when he had teh house and the senate.

though GOP support for the wall was tepid at best, certainly they should have seen this coming downtime pike and realized the corner they would be painted into.

But the best thing Trump could do right now is draw up a real, detailed wall plan so we all know what it is we are discussing. These vague demands of $X Billion for a wall - or a fence, or a slat steel barrier - really make it impossible to make a judgement on his plan.

Careful, Al. lol

20char

LOL :slight_smile: It’s not quite that bad … the actual quote is “Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of the people are stupider than that.”

I used to use that as a signature line back in the original BNN. :wink:

1 Like

By mounting M134 mini-guns on them? :wink:

Just patch your damned roof. Putting out pans to catch the drips isn’t working.

Is a 2000 mile concrete wall a “patch”? That’s what Trump is/was/maybe proposing. He is also maybe/kinda/possibly looking at concrete or steel slate or fencing.

Outside of missiles that is another great solution.

Now you are just being facetious, you know that the Libtard Democrats won’t allow that to happen to criminals, they need their votes

A 2000 mile concrete wall? Where are you getting that? Nobody is proposing construction of a 2000 mile concrete wall. Nobody is even proposing to build 2000 miles of chain link fence. Your hyperbole and ignorance is not doing anything for your credibility.

You have said you are not against improving border security. Specifically, what measures do you have in mind that will stop 90% of illegal crossings as primary barriers have proven to accomplish?

1 Like

Trump has changed his story multiple times a wall that is “sea to sea”. Then went to 1000 miles of concrete. Then 700 miles of concrete. The 700 miles of steel slats… then 700 miles of steel slats and fencing.

He went from Mexico is going to pay for it by writing a check. Then it went to through an unapproved trade deal. Now he is begging us to pay for it.

The cost?

Who knows, he is all over the place on that as well. 25 billion? 5 billion? 50 billion?

Logistics?

Light on substance. How does the government plan on seizing private lands from US citizens?

What are my suggestions to reduce illegal crossings by 90%? I don’t know that any suggestion will reduce it that much. And neither do you. There might be some reduction using various different methods (more agents, more ports, more judges to help with asylum) but where is the ROI? Is a 20% reduction worth 50 billion?

WOW !!! Did ANYONE happen to check what Obama did ???

90% reduction is the performance of the existing primary barriers. There is no reason to believe that the performance of future primary barriers won’t be at least as good.

The goal is to prevent crossings in the first place so that we don’t have to process so many people to determine their status. Surely you must be capable of understanding that prevention of a problem is a better solution than dealing with the problem after it occurs.

1 Like

no offense but you are so way off its not even funny.
the truth is the senate didnt have enough votes to pass it, even though the Republcans control the senate.

Where I fault Trump here is he doesnt understand how the Senate works or how congress works, this wall thing passed through the house so many times but it dies in the senate every time as he knows he cant get the support through the Senate.

An experienced Politicians would have pushed it, and allow the democrats in the senate to fillibuster even if they take weeks, they would be worned down and if they still wont vote then they have to face the American people to explain their actions

Instead he goes this route with a shutdown, which really isnt that bad, because a ton of bureaucrats are laid off… so what , its not like they were doing a bang up job anyways, the DMV is a mess, the EPA is joke and anyone visiting national parks in the winter?

Was Obama acting lawfully when he did it? No. Next?

Why do you think the left fights voter ID laws to their dying breaths?

There’s nothing they fear like fair elections.

1 Like

Drones can play a part, they cannot however prevent illegals from crossing the border which is the whole problem to start with.

Now that they are being coached to demand asylum the system simply cannot deal with the volume any longer so the first step has to be preventing them from getting in to begin with.