Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

Aside from that what about an answer to my question?

Rocket Scientists donā€™t guess.

Busted.

1 Like

I gave you an answer. Such a speech would be better delivered by someone else the press cantā€™ rip apart so easily.

Anything that comes out of his mouth on the subject is going to be declared to be a lie or inaccurate as hell.

I meant actually delivering a speech that lists the same exact points you articulated earlier! So far I have not heard these facts being brought up in any of Trumps rhetoric! Isnā€™t Steven Miller doing his speech writing? Surely he is capable of producing the same sobering truth!

Meanwhile Pelousi offers $1 for border security.

Politics ainā€™t about perfection. Eventually you need to to decide which side you are on.

Pelosi and her cohorts have clearly chosen sides and it ainā€™t the side of the American People. Itā€™s the side of illegals counting on their votes once they are legalized and particularly the votes of their children especially those that are born in the US.

Obviously their internal polling tells them itā€™s time to swing to the far left and appeal to the illegals and those that support them all at the expense of the country with the hopes of creating a permanent underclass and rock solid voting block.

Because you deal with the area which has the biggest problem first

It is hard to kick against the goad.

Pelousi canā€™t speak coherently either. Most of the GOP is with her.

Do you REALLY want to keep bashing Trump?

Oh heck, donā€™t get all logical!!! :wink:

1 Like

Trump is even worse going off of the teleprompter than he is winging it.

Heā€™s great at bumper sticker rhetoric that fires up the base but fails terribly at any substantive discussion of policy or his goals.

Such a speech needs to be handed off to someone that can do a good job of delivering the message to the whole country, not just his base. 20% of the country will support him no matter what. 40% would probably vote for him over any democrat short of his raping a child on national TV or committing an obvious premeditated murder on video.

Itā€™s a substantial portion of that 60-80% of the country he needs to win over to give him the political capital he needs and heā€™s not the messenger who can get it done.

Delegate it to Pence, Secretary Nielsen etc.

You mean like visa overstays?

Iā€™m not bashing him, Iā€™m simply being honest, Heā€™s a terrible public speaker. Heā€™s right on the policy but heā€™s terrible at delivering the message to anyone other than those who already agree with him.

Bailing out the boat without repairing the torpedo damage is fruitless and eventually the ship sinks.

Thatā€™s not the biggest problem area

How do you plan to deal with visa overstays when there is no way to track them and not 1/10th enough ICE agents necessary to deal with interior enforcement?

The easiest first step is to secure the border which lessons the load on the entire immigration enforcement arm of the govā€™t.

1 Like

Well they did a whole lot of guessing in the early days and thereā€™s still a large margin of guesswork and hope with every launch just due to the complexity of the systems and distances involved.

Your point is well taken though.

He is one of 1.25 (0.25=Cruz) willing to fight.

Unless you have given up, there are no current alternatives.

I agree. He is a horrible public speaker on policy. He is good at one liners and campaign slogans. He demonized Mexicans way too much to bring in more than his base.

Itā€™s a strawman they keep dragging out and itā€™s totally unprofitable. Thereā€™s no way to track how many visa holders leave the US via means other than commercial air.

1 Like

No he didnā€™t, he demonized illegals and appropriately so he just did it in a way that made it easy to misrepresent what he said and what he was talking about.

1 Like