Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

6 hours ago. Not sure why you guys keep wasting electrons on this clown. He uses circular arguments to keep derailing the thread. This thread has always been about illegals physically crossing at the border. Not illegals who overstay their visas or travel via boat or plane.

2 Likes

Not quiteā€¦

He said a Mexican judge couldnā€™t be fair to him because of his stance on the border.

He called called most of them rapists and murders, while only some are nice people. Isnā€™t it the other way around?

Letā€™s face itā€¦ he is the wrong person to convince Mexicans and Black people that he has their interests at heart.

Pence would be better.

A lie repeated often enough and not refuted becomes the perceived truth eventually.

1 Like

Itā€™s been refuted plenty of times and he keeps right on repeating it. You just canā€™t reach some people.

1 Like

What he said about the judge was stupid and fed the leftist narrative.

He never called most Mexicans rapists and murderers, that is simply a lie.

Some of them are nice people, but people breaking our laws and driving down wages with illegal labor are not ā€œnice peopleā€.

How do you even inject ā€œblack peopleā€ into this? No president in history has been as good for the black population of the US since reconstruction.

Black Americans have fared better in every way under the Trump Presidency than under any other in modern history.

Obviously it hasnā€™t been refuted often enough or well enough or most people would be convinced and dismiss the lies for what they are. We have to do a better job.

What lie are you talking about?

Iā€™ll leave you last sentence for another thread.

Either way, Trump is a terrible messenger and an even worse messenger on matters of immigration.

Losing track? Itā€™s got to be hard keeping track after all the Whoppers youā€™ve been repeating over and over since you got here.

I mean come on guys this is the same joker that started off by saying coming here illegally isnā€™t a crime. :laughing:

2 Likes

The lie that visa overstays make up the majority of illegals.

There are 20-30 million illegals in the country and the visa overstay rate recently hit just 1.25% and that is just an estimate because we have no real way to track them.

Assuming that number is accurate that would be a little over a half million overstays in recent years which would be a small fraction of the total.

1 Like

Deport.
This stuff writes itself.

The burgers that you eat are cows raised to be slaughtered, the chicken burritos that you eat are birds raised to be fed to you.

If I donā€™t kill the deer with my bow, then they destroy your mommieā€™s Mercedes and you donā€™t get to go to the protest.

My point, that you wonā€™t get, is that reality ainā€™t pretty but you have to pick your poison.

People on expired visas need to be deported.

Logic and the rule of law.

3 Likes

Trump is unambiguously welcoming to legal immigrants. To claim otherwise is simply a lie.

His criticism is solely about illegals.

1 Like

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/686056668/for-seventh-consecutive-year-visa-overstays-exceeded-illegal-border-crossings

The 2nd biggest problem is the inability to track them and once they have a green card they can work legally.

The biggest problem is that ICE is woefully lacking in manpower and resources to even begin looking for them.

Even if they could all be located with the current backlog of 900,000 immigration cases it would take more than 20 years to even deal with the existing cases much less a large number of new cases that would be created if we had the enforcement capability.

Add to that the growing problem of sanctuary cities and states refusing to cooperate with ICE at all and itā€™s a huge mess.

1 Like

Congrats on providing a link that supports exactly what I said. ā€œIn recent yearsā€.

1 Like

No, I said overstaying your visa isnā€™t a criminal offense.

Illegally crossing the border is a misdemeanor.

Now go back and think harder.

Ok, so in ā€œrecent yearsā€ the biggest problem is visa overstays. The is the current big problem with illegal immigration.

How does that make what I said a lie?

Cherry picking again.

No you didnā€™t clarify that until you were called out on your first statement that it wasnā€™t a crime at all. Nice try.

Read slowlyā€¦

For 7 consecutive yearsā€¦ Mexican illegal border crossings have dropped. So much so that 62% of illegals in 2016-17 were overstayed visas.

ā€œSince more than one half of all US undocumented residents arrive by air, visa-issuing posts have become the real frontline deterrent to undocumented migration," the study concludes. ā€œThis report suggests that more attention and resources should be given to that crucial mission of the US Department of State.ā€

If that isnā€™t a punch to your border crisis gut, I donā€™t know what is.