Retribution Has Begun: Iran attacks US bases in Iraq

So you didn’t read the link I provided you? Great Gotcha! Now I know how you roll!

Of course it is essential to our interests. Without the free flow of oil from the gulf our economy crashes like you can’t imagie because no one has seen it since the depressions of late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Well, clearly you can see that we have warmongers here arguing that the US must spend more blood and treasure to protect the oil interests of the rest of the developed world. Never mind that Japan/China/Europe and the rest of the developed world could much more than adequately provide for the security of their own oil needs. But some people love war. Like Trump said of Bolton, “If he had his own way, he’d go to war against the whole world”. There are sick people that start salivating when the missiles start flying.

1 Like

What you’re referring to is simply a shift in economic policy away from the petrodollar. That’s another thread entirely. The US shouldn’t be so addicted to the petro dollar anyway. We are too resource rich of a nation for such stupidity.

None of those countries or all of them combined has the military resources necessary.

No matter what happens our national strategic and economic interests are tied directly to keeping the oil flowing.

There’s simply no way around it.

No I’m not, that’s just more conspiracy nut BS.

If the gulf is closed the dollar’s value would increase astronomically as the rest of the industrialized world comes to a halt.

Our economy would continue because we have our own supply but at a horrendous cost.

Tell me something? Do you regularly eat Bread, Potatoes, Rice, or Pasta?

Or anything else not grown in your own garden.

I’m seeing reports of F-35’s taking off from the UAE. Not sure if this is precautionary or if they are heading for a strike.

Probably recon mission to make sure there aren’t follow up strikes. I seriously doubt an immediate response is going to happen, or I would be surprised if that wasn’t the case.

Before he desperately needed the distraction, even trump noted that China and Japan should provide security for their own oil needs. Those arguing otherwise here are simply sick and twisted warmongers.

An immediate retaliatory strike on either the launch sites or bases from whence they came would make complete sense.

Our general operational policy though would be to launch the attacks in the middle of the night so my guess is they are just in the air to provide an immediate intercept or strike if there are further attacks, or they are being re-positioned for strikes in the next 48hrs.

Iran picked the Timing here with their attacks, not Trump. Quit peddling partisan BS.

1 Like

I can’t be stolen valor, not recruited yet. At least I’M doing something besides hiding behind my Leftist keyboard talking tough.

I understand with my skillset I might be for quartermaster like my great uncle was in WWII. An honor if I do go.

Depends, because flying into Iran’s airspace would be risky. They do have a pretty good air defense system that is Russian made. Maybe the Stealth planes but again, I rather wait and utilize the element of fear and surprise. I like using the psychological factor first.

I can see you are a romantic for war. Pity

Ok - so then let’s say it’s all about oil. Just as you describe. Nothing more significant or strategic than that. Just oil.

Using your example, oil is the reason why Israel has been hell-bent on overthrowing Assad. It’s also the reason why Trump was so quick to recognize the illegaly annexed portion of the Golan Heights as Israeli territory.

Genie Energy along with other globalists want to claim oil ownership in Syria’s Golan Heights. Genie Energy’s strategic board = Rupert Murdoch, Jacob Rothschild, Dick Cheney, etc.

Source: https://genieoilgas.com/about-us/strategic-advisory-board/

Israeli authorities awarded Afek Oil and Gas (Genie Energy) an exclusive 36-month petroleum exploration license to a 153-square-mile (400 km2) plot in the Golan Heights, which the UN recognizes to be Syrian territory.

In the southern Golan Heights in 2015, Afek (Genie Energy) discovered a substantial amount of oil and natural gas reserves. Human rights groups have said the drilling violates international law as Golan Heights is an occupied territory.

Source: Genie Energy - Wikipedia

Now - Iran comes into the mix because of the pipeline from their country running through Syria and selling to Europe. If Iraq, is destabilized, Iran is destabilized, and Syria is destabilized - then the dominant stable power in the region, Israel, asserts control.

That’s why we have stealth capable supersonic attack planes now.

One way or another we’re probably going to have to put aircraft over Iranian soil to strike at the launch sites and/or bases.

Ridiculous conspiracy nut BS.

It would take 40 years for Israel to develop enough capacity even if the reserves prove out to be anything other than a very minor supplier.

Israel doesn’t even play into the equation.