President Trump Announces Turkish Unilateral Invasion of Northern Syria

Blah blah blah. Again, no sources to back up you original assumptions? Typical coming from you!

Tell us something we donā€™t already know! You histrionics doesnā€™t prove that your assumptions are correct, you are only repeating what your internet sleuthing is providing for your confirmation bias!

What, you think all those thousands of males and females who are flocking to the middle east from every country on the planet to join Islamic State are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ? :rofl: :joy:

This was a very difficult decision but it was the right decision! I really like what Rand Paul had suggested by somehow forcing all three parties to the negotiating table to hammer out a peace deal! The US can easily destroy Turkeyā€™s economy so I am sure that is going to be used as leverage to get Erdogan to comply to consider a peace deal. If he doesnā€™t it will end very badly for him. Itā€™s also why he is threatening to unleash 3+ million refugees into Europe because itā€™s all he has in terms of leverage against sanctions!

The US has fucked up again! You should be getting used to it by now? :joy:

You are fucked up, and you live To taking it up the ass! How else do you explain your delusional rants?

Iā€™m seriously torn. We donā€™t know what was said between Trump and Erdogan.

I suspect knowing the Turks in general and how Erdogan has acted since taking office he simply said, ā€œWeā€™re coming pull your forces back or they are likely to end up in the line of fireā€ or something similar.

If Erdogan simply made a deal with Trump to abandon the Kurds I have a real serious problem.

We have a real problem here though in that the Kurds have been at war with the YPG for many years and they have legitimately acted as terrorists inside of Turkey so the Turks do have a legit issue with them.

Of course the only viable long term solution is there must eventually be an independent Kurdistan and the Turks need to cede some territory to that end.

I was very disappointed in Trump when he didnā€™t immediately get on board with supporting the Kurds in their declaration of independence.

1 Like

Youā€™re strange - seriously strange.

Yeah! You take the cake in that department!

I totally understand! The only way out of this mess is to broker a Long term deal with everyone involved. Yes the Kurds need to establish their own state, but complicating matters is that there are 4 different sects of them living in different countries that transcends a unified ethnicity. At least with the Syrian Kurds they maybe able rob forge a isolated state status similar to what they have in Iraq and are closer to having it provided Turkey can curb their military aggression after realising they will be shooting themselves in the foot the more damage they do. Even though the US moved their infantry out they still control the airspace over the area, and funny how no one mentioned that little detail! That being said itā€™s a very complicated mess and itā€™s so easy for the arm chair fools to make up shit to appease their own self hatred towards America! They donā€™t know squat and itā€™s comical reading their fictional diatribes!

Hmm no, not really. Given the chance to be unified they will absolutely unify as one people if there is a Kurdish state.

The Kurds inside Turkey have a legitimate beef similar to the Irish/English war that raged on forever.

There are no clean hands in the fight between the YPG and Turks.

Until recently we stayed out of it and let the Turks deal with it as an internal matter because they were our NATO ally.

They have however become a completely undependable ally that is leaning more and more towards the Islamist state model and Erdogan is a butcher.

My guess is that the long term planners at state are hoping he will be a temporary fixture there and that weā€™d likely have a better relationship with his successor but Iā€™m not convinced.

Trump has worked himself into an untenable position on this and thereā€™s no easy way out.

If heā€™s ever going to show the power of the office now is the time and he has to step in and draw a line in the sand and do whatever is necessary to stop them from crossing it.

Of all the crap thatā€™s happened so far this is what is likely to cost him his presidency.

I believe that you need to study Islam. Jihad is built into the religion depending upon which stream is followed. That in itself is an interesting reflection because it implies there are different varieties of Islam, and yet the Quran says that interpretation and modification are forbidden, and those attempting to modify the teachings must be slain ( IIRC ).

Jihad means struggle or striving against what Christians might call ā€˜the Devilā€™, but also struggle against those who threaten the practice of Islam.

Donā€™t you know, the United States could not have prevented a Turkish invasion into Syria. Thatā€™s some serious cover nowā€¦:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Having read your later posts I think that this paragraph is merely badly phrased. The Kurdish fighting units which have fought strongly against Daā€™esh or ISIS include a group known as the YPG.

Interestingly the YPG have a sister group known as the YPJ, which is entirely staffed by women. Sorry about the pun.

Yep, sorry, itā€™s the PKK who are considered terrorists inside of Turkey and theyā€™ve been fighting each other for a very long time.

How exactly is it we could have stopped it? Explain in detail.

I am not sure I agree, if it were so easy they would have done it already. As I stated earlier that there is a sect that subscribes to the communist ideology and so the bigger questions remain what would a unified Kurd state be as a political system?

To me and knowing how they think, this is most plausible! I seriously doubt any deal was consummated prior, as I too would have a serious problem with that. I also doubt that Munucin would be threatening sanctions against Turkey if the situation turns worse if a prior agreement was in place! Then again the argument can be made that such threats is just ā€œwagging the dogā€ type strategy, but I doubt it as this is not this administrationā€™s style. Turkey is a NATO country, so that is also something to consider in the broader narrative that complicates this issue even more.

As I stated previously I like Rand Paulā€™s suggestion of getting all the parties involved to sit down and hammer out a peace agreement. The only way Kurds can do this if there is a unified consensus to make this happen where statehood is achieved.

The problem is not Turkey per say, but the ambitions of one man who borderlines on being a megalomaniac who has the country in his Iron grip. Stop Erdogan and you stop Turkey from descending into a failed state or at the least one that becomes rogue in its status.

Yeah, I am not in the camp of sharing a similar view! I want to wait and see how this plays out before contemplating the proverbial edge of a cliff.

So, simple US troop presence kept the Turks outā€¦:man_shrugging:

Russiaā€™s not really on the sidelines there.

Us troops have been in Syria since the Obama days.

1 Like