Polls indicated that Islam is overwhelmingly unwelcome in Germany

And slaughtering Syrian civilians will achieve it? I fail to see how. But never mind.

1 Like

Assad’s human rights program is killing the opposition.

2 Likes

Russian modus operandi

Find a despot in need of something, and who has something useful that can be exploited.
Big him up, and give him twice as much as he asked for in return for holding his hand … behind his back.
Ensure that said despot achieves an unassailable position of strength.

All the bad things that happen are then the fault of said despot.
Other western powers do not interfere because they are too scared of starting something with Russia.

Because they are doing Assad’s bidding and anyone who opposes Assad is being purged from the country. That is what the whole damned civil war began over.

1 Like

“Kill Everyone who Opposes You”, is a formula used by brutal rulers throughout all of the history of mankind.

That’s certainly true. Part of this is their desire to put a pipeline through Syria and then to build an LNG compression and shipping facility on the coast.

It should be the formula used by all leaders worth their salt, shouldn’t it, otherwise invaders will have nothing to fear? Wouldn’t you kill someone if you knew they’re going to kill you and your family? A yes or no answer ought to suffice for that simple question.

Two different things.

Just because someone opposes your rule does not mean they want to kill you.

As far as I’m concerned the most basic and fundamental of all rights is the right to self defense so yes, anyone attempting to kill me or mine is going to face deadly force.

Thanks for that. But in context, Islamic jihadists don’t necessarily want to kill, but will do so without hesitation if someone refuses to prosthletyze, then it’ll be decapitation or stoning to death for the refusenik and his family. Same thing really, when you think about it, ie Do as we say or we’ll kill you?

True but then Jihadis are an extremely small percentage of the Islamic population, they kill their fellow Muslims at many times the rates they kill others as well.

Nothing like war or being in the middle of anarchy taking place to spin your head into situational awareness! I am in Hong Kong at the moment and things are intense! The shit is about to hit the fan here and I now have to worry about my commute!

Nothing like being in danger to change your perspective from passive to self preservation!

1 Like

I’m hearing the regularly scheduled protest this week is likely to get completely out of hand?

Yeah, there is another one scheduled this week!

This was from past Sunday. I just returned to HK yesterday but there is definitely tension in the air!

Well keep your head down.

And the Chinese military hasn’t even got involved yet; wait till that happens, then to use your phrase ‘the shit really will hit the fan’? But they’re keeping a very close eye on events, I’ll bet - think ‘Tiananmen Square’?

Yes, and as I’ve said - it only takes 2 or 3 jihadists to cause panic and terror in a shopping mall? And yes again - I’ve already said that Muslims will be just as vulnerable as the rest of us. But I’d argue that it will serve them right, because if there weren’t any Muslims, then ipso facto there wouldn’t be any Islam.

They said (Beijing) that they want Hong Kong government to handle the situation so they will not interfere! The problem is the local government is what The Central issue of the protesters is as they want Carrie Lam to step down and she refuses to and is doubling down! Many view her as being Beijing’s Puppet! So not sure where or what is going to happen next!

But it sounds like the HongKong’ers really mean business (I didn’t dream it would go on for this long) whoever is the leader; and the leader will be certain to be a Chinese placeman/woman like Lam?

How much worse can it get - it’s insurrection already??

Not sure how to answer who they want as their leader, but they certainly don’t want to be ruled by China! That is what this protest is leading to. Hong Kongers see themselves as a democratic state and Beijing is a threat to their rights as a free people. At least that is how I am reading things here!

1 Like