Plane Crash in Tehran

Breaking: Pentagon, Iraqi Officials Tell Newsweek, CBS: Iran Shot Down The Ukraine Flight

The Ukrainian flight that crashed just outside the Iranian capital of Tehran was struck by an anti-aircraft missile system, a Pentagon official, a senior U.S. intelligence official and an Iraqi intelligence official told Newsweek.

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, a Boeing 737–800 en route from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airpot to Kyiv’s Boryspil International Airport, stopped transmitting data Tuesday just minutes after takeoff and not long after Iran launched missiles at military bases housing U.S. and allied forces in neighboring Iraq. The aircraft is believed to have been struck by a Russia-built Tor-M1 surface-to-air missile system, known to NATO as Gauntlet, the three officials told Newsweek.

Two Pentagon officials assess that the incident was accidental. Iran’s anti-aircraft were likely active following the country’s missile attack, which came in response to the U.S. killing last week of Revolutionary Guard Quds Force commander Major General Qassem Soleimani, sources said.

2 Likes

I was surprised that Trump didn’t reference this yesterday in his speech… I thought that for sure he would do that and at the same time imply that Iran did it… Oh well, they did it eventually anyway, just a day later than I thought that they would.

Throw this one in the same file that the whole “Bashar Assad the Butcher Gassing His Own People” story still sits in.

2 Likes

Don’t you all love it when “Iran” shoots down a civilian airliner?

Iran is facing a lot of heat already. It is immediately disadvantageous for them to do something this utterly moronic. Not to mention this airliner was Ukrainian so this isn’t even an attack on America, so that motive is gone. This was an attack on a different target that will draw international condemnation. It actively hurts Iran.

Who does it benefit? America. After Trump ordered the death of Soleimani and blew him up at an international airport with a drone (completely unprovoked), many Americans did not support the decision. Nothing drums up war support, however, like civilian deaths. And now the government has the media pushing us all towards supporting another pointless foreign war. We are doing this for power and oil. If we were not we could PULL THE FUCK OUT OF THE REGION.

And I am not saying that back in 2014, during the height of tensions in Ukraine, a very similar incident happened where “Russia” shot down an airliner, but that did in fact happen.

I am not saying this is an obvious false flag and that anyone who believes it is a mentally retarded sheep, but it sure does seem like that to an outsider.

Welcome to the forum. It was believed very early on that Iran accidentally shot this plane down. There’s really no story unless someone produces proof it was intentional.

The neocons on this board are now openly acknowledging this and even arguing that spending US blood and treasure to protect the flow of oil to the developed world is a noble cause…:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

You can tell by what Trump says that he doesn’t want anymore of this bs, but he’s beholding now to guys like Lindsey Graham, who are protecting him from a real impeachment trial in the senate, who thinks this could be a 100 year war and eager to prosecute it!!! So what Trump does is 180 from what he says.

In the last SOTU address he made a big point out of our new energy independence, and how we don’t need ME wars. He’s the one that pointed out the obvious that it’s Japan and China that get the lions share of oil coming out of the Straight of Hormuz and therefore it’s defense is their responsibility. But we have hard core warmongers here.

Yeah, Iran would never do anything to cover their ass over this. Completely innocent.

1 Like

What is that suppose to mean? It’s seems quite obvious that Iran accidentally downed this civilian airline. But yeah, of course they’re going to do what they can to cover their ass just as the US did when they shot down an Iranian civilian airliner. It’s what governments do.

Syria “accidentally” shot down a Russian plane causing a number of casualties.
How did it happen?
An Israeli Phantom purposely let itself be caught by the Syrian radar while shadowing a Russian cargo plane. Syria fired a missile at the Israeli, but the missile sure enough hit the Russian plane instead, because the Israeli quickly maneuvered out the range from the missile.

One thing is for sure. Israel is the master of false flags. Too early to draw any conclusion at this stage.

Lies. More conspiracy nut bs. You are blinded by hate.

1 Like

from what all the news reports are saying it looks like these Iranian dumbasses manages to shoot down a civilian plane with their own people on it. This has got to be one of the dumbest and most incompetent countries on the face of the Earth. I’m surprised they haven’t nuke themselves already.

The expert has spoken.

In spite of what we see daily in the modern press it’s better to get it right than to put it out first.

How is it a false flag? That implies the US did it for which there is zero evidence or that the Iranians did it so they could blame the US for doing it and we haven’t seen that either.

There is no trace of either in the video jackass.

It was clearly shot down. Stop the lies and the conspiracy nut bs.

You bet, the attack on the US embassy by the Iranian led local militia was completely innocent.

The only liar here is yourself.

I never stated it wasn’t shot down. As soon as the evidence started popping up to indicate it was I posted it.

blew him up at an international airport with a drone (completely unprovoked), many Americans did not support the

Unprovoked my ass. He personally was responsible for over 700 dead Americans and directed the attack on our Embassy.

1 Like

Your posts speak for themselves.

1 Like

Learn to read.

Nowhere did I state it wasn’t shot down.

It did look like engines self destructing.

Now we know that was most likely caused by a missile strike in the front 1/4 of the plane causing the initial fireball and the engines failed when they ate a bunch of pieces flying off of the plane in flight.

There was no trace of either tracer fire or missiles in the video posted. It was taken after the plane started burning and breaking up.