Official Coronavirus Thread - The Next Airborne Misery - Open General ☣

My spy in Taiwan tells me there are horrific video clips doing the rounds on Wei-Chat (or however it is written). The videos show COVID-19 casualties being burned, only some of them are not quite dead.
:anguished:

Perhaps, Dr.M_, you might be able to confirm the ghastly rumour.
I had a quick look and found only this, which is also shocking.

Yes, pretty sensational.
That 1100 point drop represents 4% out of the 7%.

I am sure there will be more to come … I am also sure that this is the Black Swan event that some have been fearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=285&v=K9ljmsWf5Gs&feature=emb_logo

1 Like

I can not deny nor confirm but that topic is a very fluid debate here in Asia. I have seen other reports that is suggesting that the big freeze on free speech is happening everywhere.

Dow took a hit again yesterday !

BREAKING NEWS: Trump to Hold Press Conference After Receiving Coronavirus Briefing

1 Like

I wonder how many more illegals the dummycrats will sneak into the Country ? A case of open border dummycrats .

It will get worst dummycrats made us so dependent on foreign goods and China owns the USA .

Some here predicted the economic consequences would be pretty bad. We may just be seeing the tip of the iceberg.

If this turns out to be the case, then this IS just the tip of the iceberg:

Health officials at the Centers for Disease Control said Tuesday the coronavirus is “likely” to continue to spread throughout the United States and the American public should “prepare for the expectation that this is going to be bad.

Then again, I’ve been through plenty of hurricanes that the news hyped up to be catastrophic that turned out to be nothing-burgers. So much so, that I am like… Meh…

So, looking ahead, what is the fall out of this for the leadership and future of China? They have treated their citizens horribly and have shown themselves to be incredibly bad to deal with … from Chinese drywall to toxic pet food and everything in between.

The backlash against China hasn’t yet begun. I wonder what that will look like.

1 Like

“Low Ratings Fake News MSDNC (Comcast) & @CNN are doing everything possible to make the Caronavirus look as bad as possible, including panicking markets, if possible.”

Donald Trump

The sensationalists and hysteria mongers elsewhere are equally guilty. The name of their game is to be a focus of attention.

Is the CDC complicit in that?

Ride it out. If anything a sharp short term drop just creates a good buying opportunity.

1 Like

I can’t say yes or no for sure, but for a long time I was told to avoid Atlanta airport, although it’s a hub for international air traffic.

Why?
CDC constantly does experiments using the (transit) passengers at the airport.

Reasons: The names of these passengers are known through the airplane tickets and it’s easy to track them for the effects of CDC’s experimental microorganisms.

Many of us have been warning about the vulnerabilities of the US being so dependent on China for manufactured goods, parts, and components and the threat to national security it creates.

This outbreak may in the end be a very good thing as it will demonstrate better than anything other than a shooting war between the US and china just how true that is.

The smart money folks have been warning of a pull back starting in the 2nd Quarter and possible global recession in the 3rd quarter over this for several weeks.

We may be in better shape than most since we’ve already started bringing some manufacturing back to the US and because of the trade war US companies with Chinese production facilities moved them to other shores while others sought non Chinese sources making our supply chain less dependent on China.

Right? That is what I was thinking… :wink:

1 Like

Quite so. The elephant in the room has been exposed.

Quite so.

Care to pontificate on the outcome of this for China?

They are the bad guys here.

The example my favorite financial adviser like to use was gasoline and eggs.

Would you be afraid to buy gasoline or eggs on sale?

I also like his buy, hold, sell strategy. When the market is dropping and you are thinking of baling just ask yourself if you would have bought that stock at the current price. If the answer is yes, hold it and ride it out.