Official Coronavirus Thread - The Next Airborne Misery - Open General ☣

“Coronavirus: Police fury as ‘hundreds’ of people have pizzas, beers and wine in park’. fficers say they are “fighting a losing battle” as increasing numbers of Britons ignore lockdown restrictions.”

Sounds like Joe Public has got some backbone at last, and is telling the plod to get fucked, and good for them. The plod 'don’t like it up 'em, Captain Mainwaring - they don’t like it up ‘em’? :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Even if WHO denies it, there is plenty of evidence to support a cover up.

China was muzzling the public, including health care professionals.

I recall of the leaked videos at that time.

Taiwan notified WHO of the possibility of person-to-person spread which was dismissed.

The WHO denied that Taiwan ever alerted them to the potential person-to-person spread of the virus, but Taiwan’s CDC said that because they specifically mentioned “atypical pneumonia” – reminiscent of SARS, which is transmitted via human contact – “public health professionals could discern from this wording that there was a real possibility of human-to-human transmission of the disease,” they said in a press release.

“However, because at the time there were as yet no cases of the disease in Taiwan, we could not state directly and conclusively that there had been human-to-human transmission,” Taiwan’s CDC said.

Taiwan said that WHO and the Chinese CDC both refused to provide adequate information that could have potentially prepared the government for the impact of the virus sooner.

1 Like

This report was generated by the German intelligence apparatus not the US which to be honest caught me off guard and surprised me. This is pretty damning to say in the least considering they are heavily invested in China in regards to trade.

1 Like

I agree. However, I think the days of “turning a blind eye” to the CCP and their tactics are over. Their actions during and after the virus have been reprehensible.

When the CCP turns their tactics on Western countries thinking they will buckle like their citizens they are mistaken.

It may not be immediate as governments are ever so slow, but over time I think China (CCP) will feel the repercussions for their actions.

All very true! And yes it is going to take time. I bought new summer Sox today, and they weren’t made in China.

BTW, on another issue, I went to my office today, and while leaving, a huge protest in HK was in progress. China has been secretly imprisoning people here as well as taking over Government. Today was the first time I actually felt fear, because something is definitely different, and I have this overwhelming feeling that things are about to break out into chaos here very soon.

If so, you should get back to the States, pronto.

I am prisoner here! The only way out is the US Embassy and I may have to wait until things get really bad before they would even consider evacuation of Americans. It’s pretty messed up!

I don’t understand that. You are a US Citizen. Shouldn’t you be able to come back whenever you please?

No flights! Borders still closed! Perhaps soon things will open up but they are not saying anything as to when that will happen. Pretty frustrating and infuriating at the same time. US Embassy has not been helpful at all either.

I had no idea. :flushed: I can understand not wanting people to come in, but to not allow flights out? That’s crazy.

That needs to get some attention from higher up.

My situation is more complicated with my son being confined to Macau. He is a US citizen too so I have been in this holding pattern that seems to have no end. I am giving it to the end of this month to revisit this issue with the US Embassy again.

2 Likes

In the mean time watch what you say online because they can deny you the use of planes and trains if you’ve been non communist compliant. Social credit system doesn’t allow freedom of speech.
You might have to drive across the border. Go to a third country and reroute to the US. Plan ahead.
Good luck.

They don’t have the social credit system in HK, or Macau.

Once the CCP takes over those “regions”, social credit system would be the order of the day.
Things could happen real fast, overnight. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Surely you are saying this in jest. There will be a flight before that happens and my exit will already be planned. Getting my son out is my TOP priority right now.

I admire Hong Kongers, they have shown more courage than Americans right now. Of course not all Americans, but they are more united in their fight right now.

1 Like

I would hope there would be better protections for American citizens.

Please forgive me if this is unrelated to the OP. I have always wanted to visit HK. I may still go because, I love to see Victoria Harbor, as well as downtown itself. Of course, with the pandemic…it will be awhile before anyone can even leave the US. I am going to try to book a two-week trip for next Spring (2021).

1 Like

‘‘With evidence increasingly suggesting the virus spreads far less readily in the open air, the once-a-day limit on outdoor exercise will be dropped.’’

Have they only just discovered that earth-shattering fact or did they know before they placed everyone under house arrest.

1 Like

I would hazard a guess that self isolation for queenie is not quite the same as it is for the rest of us - I am really struggling atm bc I had to send my butler/cleaner and maid home FFS