Official Coronavirus Political Thread 🌐

Judging from your handle I suspect you are from Jersey? Is that correct?

Yeah - I’m from Elizabeth, NJ.

‘Once Upon a Virus’: China mocks U.S. coronavirus response in Lego-like animation

SHANGHAI – China has published a short animation titled “Once Upon a Virus” mocking the U.S. response to the new coronavirus using Lego-like figures to represent the two countries.

Washington and Beijing are locked in a war of words over the origins of the disease, which emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan and has grown into a global pandemic.

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he was confident the coronavirus may have originated in a Chinese virology lab, but declined to describe the evidence.

In the animation posted online by China’s official Xinhua News Agency, red curtains open to reveal a stage featuring Lego-like figures in the form of a terracotta warrior wearing a face mask and the Statue of Liberty.

“We discovered a new virus,” says the warrior.

“So what?” replies the Statue of Liberty. “It’s only a flu.”

As the warrior issues warnings about the virus and counts off the grim milestones in China’s outbreak, the Statue of Liberty replies dismissively with echoes of Trump’s news conferences in which he played down the severity of the illness.

“Are you listening to yourselves?” asks the warrior as the statue begins to turn red with fever and gets hooked up to an intravenous drip.

“We are always correct, even though we contradict ourselves,” the statue replies.

“That’s what I love about you Americans, your consistency,” says the warrior.

The United States and other countries have accused China of misleading the world about the severity of the outbreak, and there are growing calls for an international inquiry into the origins of the virus.

In an interview, Trump said he believes China’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic is proof that Beijing “will do anything they can” to make him lose his re-election bid in November.

Lego’s press office wrote in an emailed statement on Saturday: “We weren’t involved in making the animation in any way.”

Pence says winding down Coronavirus Task Force under discussion as cases and deaths climb

Discussions are underway about winding down the work of the Coronavirus Task Force, Vice President Mike Pence told reporters Tuesday, even as the number of deaths and new cases continue to mount, generally plateauing but not declining, as states begin to reopen. The administration’s work on testing and bolstering the national stockpile will continue, Pence said, with some of that work being moved back to agencies.

Pence, the head of the task force, told reporters in an off-camera briefing Tuesday that “conversations are being had about winding down the work for the task force,” and the White House is looking at a possible Memorial Day “window.”

“I think we’re having conversations about that and about what the proper time is for the task force to complete its work and for the ongoing efforts to take place on an agency-by-agency level,” the vice president told reporters. “And we’ve already begun to talk about a transition plan with FEMA. But it’s – it really is all a reflection of the tremendous progress we’ve made as a country. The president stood up the White House Coronavirus Task Force to marshal – in January – to marshal a national response.”

The news comes as the U.S. reaches a grim milestone of 70,000 deaths, more than what the White House had projected through August using one model just weeks ago.

But the vice president’s announcement apparently had not reached Dr. Anthony Fauci, the infectious diseases expert who has become one of the most prominent figures on the task force. Fauci told CBS News only moments before Pence spoke that he had just been at a task force meeting, and no one had said anything to him about disbanding the task force.

“That’s not true, I’ve been in every task force meeting, and that’s not what they are doing,” Fauci said earlier Tuesday.

Pence said doctors like Dr. Deborah Birx will remain working closely with the White House.

“Reporting on the task force is being misconstrued to suggest the White House is no longer involving medical experts. This is totally false,” White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted. “President @realDonaldTrump will continue his data-driven approach towards safely re-opening.”

The New York Times first reported the likely disbanding of the task force.

It’s unclear whether another type of task force will replace this one. President Trump has slowed his daily Coronavirus Task Force briefings, a shift which occurred soon after he floated the possibility of investigating injecting coronavirus patients with disinfectant to cure the virus.

The president, according to reporters’ meeting with Pence, wants 100 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine by fall, a much quicker timeline than most experts think is possible, and 300 million by January. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said that would be “unprecedented and historic,” but also “realistic.”

Bill Maher and Eric Holder are deeply paranoid

Bill Maher : “As I’ve been saying for years now, I don’t think Trump … I cannot picture that man gracefully conceding and walking away, and I keep asking Democrats — you’re probably the one with the most law enforcement experience I’ve ever asked this — what do you do if he says, ‘It was rigged, blah, blah, blah. It’s not safe for me to leave.’ Whatever bullshit he’s going to come up with and refuses to leave. I want to know what the plan is.”

Eric Holder: “On the day of the inauguration, I actually think that he will leave, and if he doesn’t leave, the United States Marshal Service, the Metropolitan Police Department here in Washington, D.C., the Secret Service, all have the ability to pull him out of the White House, and we’ll get on with the inauguration and the presidency of Joe Biden.”

More cultural Marxism from sufferers of acute TDS!

Hey guys! I hear that the orange idiot is planning on opening the greatest economy in world history again!

Food for thought - twelve of the thirteen states with the highest mortality ascribed to COVID-19 have Democratic governors. The other is an anti-Trump Republican.

We not only flattened the curve we are on the down slope.

Hospitializations down.

ICU cases down.

Deaths down.

We’re heading in the right direction.

The big question is what happens in the southern hemisphere as they are just now starting into their normal cold/flu seasons.

As the northern hemisphere warms up and people go outside this is going to drop off rapidly, IF we can end the damned lock downs.

1 Like

The whole point was to “flatten the curve”. Mission accomplished, time to go back to work.

1 Like

Cuomo and Deblasio in particular have some serious issues to deal with.

They made the death count in NY and NYC exponentially greater than it should have been with their piss poor decisions.

Tucker nails another winner! Love it!

They never intend to be subjected to the same laws and penalties we are.

They see us more and more as subjects rather than free citizens every year.

1 Like

This is big news that is hitting many countries now.

Quomo essentially murdered hundreds of nursing home residents by sending COVID-19 cases to nursing homes rather than to the HOSPITALS and THE HOSPITAL SHIP provided to New York…ALL OF WHICH had open beds and were prepared to serve COVID-19 patients.

That stupid son of a bitch sent the virus into UNPREPARED NURSING HOMES.

Quomo should be indicted for MURDER!

1 Like

By now most here are aware of this story, but this article is really a sobering wake up call as to how quickly things are going to spiral out of control if Democrats are allowed to continue their authoritarian rule across the country over citizens while violating constitutional rights!

This is a must read as the author Lay’s out a plausible scenario how we could be at odds with each other regarding the fight over commerce.

Not sure if this is “political”, or just a senseless murder, but Ill post it here as well

Lockdowns for the natives…free shit for invaders.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2020/05/italy-183-migrants-brought-by-ngo-ships-allowed-to-disembark-despite-closed-ports/

All true. Unfortunately he’s protected by sovereign immunity for his acts in office.