Official Coronavirus Economic Thread đŸ’±

Republican.

I was just reading somewhere that the Democratic party were looking into recruiting him to run against Trump. Could be fake news though.

I hope he could run in 2024 and continue Trump’s policies especially the policies on China, but I am not sure I trust him, I mean the guy does own a NBA team so there is that.

Cuban was actually my second choice. Nikki Haley is my first choice in the running. Potential candidates in 2024.

Stacy Abrams and Gretchen Whitmer (my Governor) don’t even stand a chance in 2024.

They both are Democrats and bitch (to the moon) about how Trump has handle Coronavirus pandemic.

If I were you I would reassess your choices. “Icky” Niki as I refer to her as being. Niki Haley is a globalist as well as an opportunist that belongs to the big club of Multi-nationals that she has regularly shilled for. She just resigned from Boeing in order to protect her stock because Boeing is asking for a Government bail out. Her political moves were pretty transparent to a lot of people and can’t be trusted. As far as Cuban is concerned, the jury is still out on him, but that is only because I haven’t seriously considered him for any political position in recent times, so we will see what I find on him.

The CV19 numbers are on the decline.

The economy can be opened up by April 30 for most of the country with sensible hygiene practice.

I expect this will happen.

2 Likes

I agree! Most importantly it’s gotta happen.

We have saved the hospitals from being over run.

Hospitals also need to resume elective procedures.

I would like to see pro sports resume in semi quarantined environments with ample testing and precautions and no live audience
TV only. Would be up to players unions.

The risk to healthy people with no comorbidities is incredibly low.

Speaking of sports, the NFL draft is soon, I think within a little over a week to go and it appears it’s going to be a virtual draft. That is going to be strange to witness. Baseball season started, and that I am sure is being abbreviated. Hockey looks like they may just cancel the season altogether. Weird times we live in, however could be a good thing families are learning to bond again.

1 Like

I can live without sports.

It would make sense to ease them back with TV only.

My idea for restaurants is to open them up at 30-40 percent capacity with plenty of spacing.

I will be truthful, I will miss baseball. I had plans returning this year stateside and have tickets to attend a game with some family members. Looks like that isn’t happening. But your right, just getting back to normal functions will do wonders for morale.

1 Like

We won’t be that far off. Maybe July with antibody testing.

1 Like

This is troubling!

1 Like

The ever-so things we all take for granted. It is always common sense, that we would all wash our hands and sanitize when we are done with the things we do, and cover our mouths in public - after we sneeze.
But there are many people in the world that are so arrogant, and don’t simply care, period.

I was at a Walmart today - and there was one guy who didn’t seem to "have a care in the world - or any regards to the people who he could have easily infected while standing in line at the checkout.
Yes, it was just one guy. But there are many of them like him.

(I bet he didn’t even bother to use the sanitizer that was right by the register on the counter after he just blew a 2-mile sneeze into the ozone at Walmart.)

There are so many inconsiderate people in the world. This guy you speak of probably is one of those who can’t watch where they are walking to because they are too busy looking at their phone. Or doesn’t bother to signal when making a turn in his car, or is one that has a pet and doesn’t bother cleaning up after it after it took a dump in the street. These are the people that end up dying earlier in life from irony of their own aloof and inconsiderate behaviours.

I am surprised he hasn’t yet
not that I wish upon him to do so. But it’s just pure arrogance and no respect for the people around him. As if, he was deliberately doing it to “start a fight” with someone.

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t expect this to happen and probably either did this guy.

It’s gonna be a very long recovery for both countries. Well after, this Coronavirus is gone.

Have to wait and see, but we shouldn’t be looking at it as waiting in line for the depression to happen, but as an opportunity to fill the void where is demand is the most. Americans build, and building within the continental US is what should happen.

No, but people are still lining up at Walmart
just to hoard some stuff. Lol
It’s no wonder why these stores are running out of stuff before everyone else can even get to them.