Official Coronavirus Economic Thread šŸ’±

Right, but if you are the one filling them up then you are ahead of the game! Supply and Demand!

Well, I just got my stimulus checkā€¦so, you know where I am heading toā€¦Lol

Seriously? Electronically? Direct deposit?

Direct deposit.

I was kidding about heading to Walmart. The money is staying in the bank.

Wow! That was pretty quick! Impressive.

@Dr_Manhattan
Well, they were reporting that everyone should get their checks this week. So, I checked online for my ā€œcheckā€ and it was already there.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know how you have the gall to accuse anyone of disrupting threads when you do it all the bloody time!!

Influenza outbreaks normally ā€˜run out of steamā€™ naturally in about 4 weeks, the obvious exception being the 1918 pandemic, which was was prolonged by so many concentrations of humans, such as on the battlefields, or being on crowded troopships/trains when going to and from the battlefields.

Really? Make your case otherwise STFU! Stop accusing people of shit when you have no idea what the hell you are talking about!

Here knucklehead! Read the OP, this is an economic thread! You got something to add that is economic news related?

Put me back on your ignore list will you please D_M? Pretty please??

Why, because your too retarded to read anything here?

Trump moves to reopen the economy May 1st.

This is a good move. People can look forward to going back to work and getting their lives back on track.

https://www.axios.com/trump-governors-coronavirus-call-08e73aba-5445-464a-ab74-b82b4554f145.html

The new guidelines are aimed at easing restrictions in areas with low transmission of the coronavirus, while holding the line in harder-hit locations. They make clear that the return to normalcy will be a far longer process than Trump initially envisioned, with federal officials warning that some social distancing measures may need to remain in place through the end of the year to prevent a new outbreak. And they largely reinforce the plans already under development by governors, who have the primary responsibility for public health in their states.

ā€œYouā€™re going to call your own shots,ā€ Trump told the governors Thursday afternoon in a conference call, according to an audio recording obtained by The Associated Press. ā€œWeā€™re going to be standing alongside of you.ā€

Places with declining infections and strong testing would begin a three-phase gradual reopening of businesses and schools.

1 Like

That is awesome! We all need to get back to work. But my Governor Bitchmer wants to extend the lockdown until July. She was only unable to do it a week ago, because of the Republicans said that ā€œwe need to take it one day at a timeā€. Meaning, she couldnā€™t impose it - until now

Yup. Sheā€™s done a lot of things the wrong way. Extremes that did not need to be taken.

Yet, if enough people ignore her and go back to work anyway what is she going to do?

How many people were arrested during ā€œOperation Gridlockā€? :wink:

Last time I checked, there was no arrests. There were some - but they were unrelated to the ā€œOperation Gridlockā€ protest.

I think that Trump should reopen the economy in phases. That way, he has nothing to worry about. If he does open it all at onceā€¦there could be repurcussion for opening it up too soon. But thatā€™s just me.

Heā€™s outlined a phase plan. It is up to the Governors to implement it or not. :woman_shrugging:

I have a strong feeling what my Governor Bitchmer will do. She will go against Trumpā€™s plan and hang onto that ā€œlockdownā€ longer. :roll_eyes:

This is very telling for those who are invested in Asia should listen to this. This guy has been more right about things than wrong, and has a lot of great insight to the Asian financial markets. My gut has been screaming to make arrangements to GTFO of Asia and HK and Bass hit on that point in succinct terms.

1 Like

Lucky you all to have a good leader - ours wants this charade to last for ever and ever -

Amen. :grin: