Official Coronavirus Economic Thread 💱

You can get COBRA for the low, low price of $4000 a month.

All this talk about Unemployment could reach a staggering 20% ; and we may enter a Depression after this pandemic seems far-fetched. But not out of the realm.

I think it would be what we could be looking at in the “aftermath” phase. Even though, deaths across the world will subside. And Wall Street re-enters the Bull market. JMO

With another stimulus package being discussed it’s quite possible the national debt will get to 30+Trillion by the time it’s all said and done.

e291567c094f2480

I can not do a like on this. This is sad and not to be joked about.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

---- :point_down:----

3 Likes

US Should Help Its Manufacturing Firms Move out of China: Kudlow

Just a quick question:

What’s the difference between a “V-shaped bounce” and a “U-shaped bounce”. My guess there is really no difference, or is there?

(Ok, that was actually a 2-part question.)

There is a difference! One is more volatile than the other that is defined by time and volume.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/58XVXgNL9jI

I’m not sure I agree with that.

Maybe a tax incentive but not a full ride.

Plus, it is going to be too expensive for them to operate in China with the tariffs. Many are already making plans to move.

Yeah I don’t know. I suspect some sort of incentive to help them move back but not a full ride.

What we want to do is incentivise them to stay in the United States. We have to be able to be competitive on the global markets. That is difficult to do with strangling regulations, high taxes and all of the other requirements to run a business in the United States.

Yes the latter all hallmarks of the regressives and their Bolshevik eggnogs. Lower the capital gains tax to zero would be the best approach to attracting businesses that want to manufacture here. The savings would certainly off-set the cost of Labor. Address the Tax issue and a lot of problems and obstacles go away.

1 Like

I do hope Trump has Mark Cuban on his team, to re-open up the economy. I would even vote for Cuban for POTUS, if he runs.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mark-cuban-on-how-economy-will-return-to-normal-keeping-the-door-open-to-2020-bid

Yeah, but he will he run as a Democrat or a Republican?