Obesity in World's Countries

I dont think Donheather is Canadian, I think Dr. Manhattan is right, I think he is someone else like that Pragmatic person.

If this donheather fake profile was honest and actually did research, he or she or it, can assume anyone gender anymore would have seen the country with the most obesity is Nauru, and I dont even know where Nauru is?

This is according the world population website
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-obese-countries/

World atlas says the same thing, this Nauru place

other publications which gets their data from the CIA world data base and the world Health organization (WHO) has Nauru as number two

All say America is in the top 20 but not top ten

So donheather you are either a troll or your pretending to be someone else and I stand by what I said in another thread about you , youre not Canadian

1 Like

Why are you so obsessed with what I look like? If I told you the truth, you probably wouldn’t believe me anyway. Ok, yes that is me and no I am not fat. I have a BMI of 18. I modelled for 10 years. I go to the gym 3 times a week, I mountain bike 12 miles at a time off road and I’m a ski nut. Now tell me I am lying. :roll_eyes:

Yes, Brits are fat. Depends on area. Americans on the whole are probably fatter. Their food is far too big. Each meal is probably enough to feed a family of four. But I think we are catching up fast. Our food is getting bigger too. There is a document which lists the countries with the highest proportion of each disease, such as heart disease, various cancers, diabetes etc. The US tops every one. If I see it again I will post it, but you can probably Google it.

1 Like

Ha! You go @Jen! Great response!

After I retired from the Air Force, I started my second career as a nurse. I get a little jaded when I see statements like that thrown out there without any comparison or explanation. I’m not saying the statement is wrong, just the opposite. I think it is correct. One of the reasons why all of those incidents are high in the United States is because we actually do have very good health care and no one waits to see a doctor. For example, 2 weeks ago my throat started bothering me. The Urgent Care down the street from my house was very busy. I didn’t feel like waiting 45 minutes to see a doctor. I drove 10 minutes down the road and went to another Urgent Care where I saw a doctor within 5 minutes of arrival. I got my diagnosis, my prescription, and I left. Because everyone in the US has access to a doctor, and will not be turned away, the rates of reporting are incredibly high. Medical tourism is also a thing here. So we have a lot of foreigners whose serious health issues get factored into public reporting. We also have millions of illegals who bring with them all sorts of diseases which also factors into our reporting.

I also think that in other countries where it’s a lot harder to see a physician, people just don’t go. This drives down the incident reporting because doctors aren’t seeing as many patients and patients aren’t seeing as many doctors.

I’m sorry Anna, I should have included a link, but I was in a bit of a rush as Don had wound me up. :joy: I figured out he would probably dig it up anyway.

I don’t like this finger pointing laughing thing. We are all fat! All western countries! The US may or may not be leading the way, but what does it matter because we are all at the same place at the end of the day. Our portion sizes have grown big too and people actually pack it all down. And I will say again that one third of the NHS’s budget is spent on obesity and obesity related diseases. People don’t have accountability because they know the NHS will pick up the pieces. Some will deliberately stay fat so they get disability allowance and don’t have to work. Yep. They are that stupid.

I am a water retainer…have to watch the sodium and water intake. I can (and often do) lose 10 pounds in a matter of hours while sitting still…after taking my diuretic pills.

It appears DH is no long going to be a problem here so there’s no point in referring to or answering it any further.

Good riddance.

1 Like

he/she will be back with a brand new persona.

Aww, I was just getting going. Is that what he really looks like after having a dig at me? Seems like he’s the fatso! :joy:

We can retain a bit of water too especially at a certain time of month!

1 Like

That’s the assigned avatar for those who may or may not return in a thousand years! :rofl:

1 Like

LOL…

Who cares if you are skinny or fat?

Are you HAPPY?

Life is short. Don’t worry about it… and worry less about what anyone thinks about you. “What you think of me is none of my business”.

Yep. He knew he was on his way out. Why not go down in flames? :laughing:

They need to store blubber for the winters. :crazy_face:

Sounds like a quote from Dom Delouise! HA!

See that area north of Boston where they blur together? I lived there for 4 years.

Cake with Chocolate icing
Kruller
Plain cake
or the ever wonderful Boston Creme.

I finally came to the conclusion that getting 3, once per month was reasonable…

:wink:

America has the fattest poor people in the World. Have you ever taken a good look around and notice these welfare queens. Black, White or Brown, these people are fat lazy asses.

Yes same here! That is “relatively” poor! They can afford 4k ultra HD TVs and iphones, get takeaways on a daily basis but need to go to food banks as they can’t afford to buy food. Then how about this one, they can’t afford to buy healthy food, hence they are fat! :rofl: Never thought of just eating less of the unhealthy stuff then.

1 Like

I have brought up many times that we should stop the use of purchasing junk foods with an EBT card. Funny thing is in every attempt to bring this up most people have disagreed with me. In Ohio people can purchase with their EBT card, candy, chips cookies etc.

What is an EBT card? Some sort of food voucher? Well beat this then, we give them cash to buy whatever they want! It’s their human rights, don’t you know?