Nasa chief scientist: 'We’re close to finding and announcing alien life on Mars....but is the world ready?'

Says who? You can’t know that.

The Hittites were descendants of Ham, Noah’s son.

Again your timeline assumptions are nothing more than wishful thinking with zero basis in fact.

The Sumerians used the word “rib” for woman since they knew the Genesis story as passed down from Adam.

You believe everything came from nothing and it rained on a rock and you came alive. Talk about a faith belief.

Hope I look as good as that in 1.5 billion years.

But that’s the whole idea; you’re not meant to read the the space stories, they’re only there to attract your attention to the advertisements. As I keep saying - advertising is what it’s all about, and as we all know, there are big bucks in advertising. Just to prove my point, look at the Science section of Google News, and see how many headlines are so ridiculous that your curiosity tempts you to click on them, and then see how many adverts there are for every single one of those 'news stories from outer space?

That could be one of those pretzels you get from a street vendor, I don’t think that they’re quite that old

I bet you’re the kind that grew up believing in Santa Claus, tooth fairy, mass media and school education.

If there’s life on mars, I will say this to those beings living on mars.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HELLHOLE!

It’s not supposed to be a threat, but a warning. STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!

1 Like

Stay away from humans.
Homo sapiens sapiens (self-proclaimed) is a failed species. (Probably)

You make a whole lot of ridiculous assertions.

We haven’t been able to measure the earth-moon disatance accurately for more than a blink of time.

Gravity and angular momentum keep it from flying off into space.

No bigger than the moon is and no denser than it is it would be impossible for it to be close enough for it’s tidal forces to rip the earth apart. The more likely outcome is that it’s velocity would increase to the point it would be flung back out due to centrifugal forces and end up right where it is.

Most kids do. Unlike you the rest of us however grew up.

A difference of less than 1% in it’s distance from the earth would have no effect at all except on the oceans which would have slightly higher tides.

TWR’s been reading Quanta Magazine again. :smile:

Look up the term Roche limit to understand the impossibility of the Earth and our moon being closer than 11,000 miles apart.

Also the degradation of our magnetic field has been measured to have a half-life of 1,400 years, which can not support millions of years (let alone billions).

The moon’s gravity effects the Earth’s spin rate. The rate is slowing at a measured speed which at a higher spin rate would distort the shape of the planet, that we do not find.

Earth’s bedrock has been dated using Polonium 218, with a half-life of 3 minutes, which would be gone in the time it would be required for the bedrock to cool from a molten state.

You seem to hold to the flawed theory of uniformatarianism which in these examples can be shown to be unscientific.

All this space nonsense is diversionary narrative deployed by the mainstream media at the behest of governments to cover bad news in the real world. I’ve noticed for some time now that there’s a commensurate sequence where every time there’s an upcoming scandal, expose, or controversial decision to be made, there’s a sudden outbreak of ‘space (fake) news’. Or the fallback is yet another hyped up scare story about them danged mischief-making Russkies. It’s always one or the other.

It could be the other way around.
All the political nonsense in the world can be the coverup of real problems humanity is facing today.

I can visualize our species being observed by ETs for a few 100 thousand years; and then comes the big day. Everyone look, they finally left the trees, and are walking on two legs. Next observation, oh shit they just started killing each other.

Except that started happening as soon as leaving the trees, if not sooner.

You know, I know, and we all know, the root of human misery is GREED ! Wealth, power, control, etc. All that greed, and when the smoke clears, nothing gained. Thank God I have the sense to be a minimalist. Doesn’t solve all the problems; but I feel way ahead in many ways.

1 Like

You are very conservative.
We are their lab animal, created by them millions or even billions of years ago. They used their own DNA for this test, meaning humans have various ET DNA.

The test was going well, until the Reptiles took control of Earth about 500,000 years ago and started injecting their DNA, which made humans warlike and insane.

[quote=“Didgevillage, post:58, topic:5136, full:true”]

You are very conservative.
We are their lab animal, created by them millions or even billions of years ago. They used their own DNA for this test, meaning humans have various ET DNA.

:scream: You mean there really are aliens out there? Crikey, I’d better be careful what I say on the Science thread then, or they might come and zap me in my bed?

The Roche limit would not apply to a body being expelled from a molten earth as it would very quickly, virtually instantly move beyond that limit.

There is no half life to our magnetic field, it will remain as long as we have a molten spinning core.

Polonium dating is completely flawed and discredited.

http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationist_clocks/polonium_halos.html