Market Traders Chewin' The Fat

Not really trading these days, but did it for about 6 years.

Would that be the watery stuff? :joy:

1 Like

You are trading supposedly regulated exchange based markets. Forex no central exchange.

The positives for forex from my perspective are the trading hours available, leverage/margin (although less so now).
On the whole and at retail size you will never experience liquidity issues with the Majors.

If you have been with ETF’s and making decent headway don’t fix what isn’t broken.

1 Like

Welcome Eagle’ This might be of interest if you don’t mind the read.I found it this weekend by chance and have only read half way through but it seems reasonably informative.

Stocks & Commodities FX Advantages.pdf (4.2 MB)

Love you Brits but I much prefer a ice cold bud, mic or coors on a hot summer day to that warm horse piss y’all drink! :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t drink that stuff either! Wine, preferably French, for me. One of my usual is Mâcon Villages and heading down to the Alps on the Autoroute du Soleil, we pass by the town of Mâcon. Now what if we were to insert an “r” into that? Would that piss off the French?

2 Likes

Is that murphy’s or sods law Stu :joy:
Whichever you chose don’t feel alone I have many of those. Today was a good one. I opened two trades with tight stop losses just to get them open. I then rechecked the levels and realised I need around 4 more pips on the stop. I opened the first trade to change the stop only to find that BT had decided to cut my modem. After literally a few minutes of coming back on, both trades had indeed been stopped out only to stay under the level of the stop I was adjusting to.

I referred to one of those laws amongst the other expletives I used :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Those laws always in unison bastards !!! :joy:
Unlucky mate, the trials of a trader !

I got plenty more near misses !:grin: Only posted that one to tie in with original post of levels I had on radar. I think I’ve tied up what has been referred to so will likely just chew the fat now and again and not mention levels as no one seems to benefit, plus I am signing a non disclosure type doc within next couple of weeks anyway.

Still available for a helping hand if anyone needs such a thing. :+1:

What for ? Trading for others ? :+1::+1:

edit: PM me if you would prefer !!!

It’s ok no problem. Not others just other. I’ve never been interested because of the hassle factor and it definitely hasn’t come about through soliciting but a good deal dropped in my lap and as I’m sitting here anyway, thought why the hell not.
A restriction on the sharing of radar levels I think is a bit misguided but whatever.
I’m not locked into anything apart from that really, so will see how it goes. I’m assured there will be no over the shoulder antics and I believe it is almost loose change for the party concerned.

1 Like

Something came into my head that I once read, if I can find it and it makes sense I will email you from my hotmail account :+1:

I won’t say good luck because you won’t need it. just enjoy

Thanks mate. Ok will keep an eye out for it.

1 Like

So that’s why they call you “lucky Rob” :rofl:

Haven’t traded this week as been busy – also just ain’t with it. May try one two in the morning. We C.

I wasn’t with it either at the end of last week Jim and skipped Friday with no analysing over the weekend. It did some good as I am up around 7% this week so I will probably skip trading tomorrow and just analyse charts for next weeks levels.
Hope you get focused again soon and start kicking some butt :+1:

3 Likes

Good deal. I agree with you, completely. Nothing worse than going into the weekend knowing you had a good profit and blew it on Friday. Congrats – good week. :muscle:

2 Likes

Hey … guys … I discovered this new beverage called … LUNACY JUICE !

Fortunately it wore off before I trashed my account, and I finished up nearly 11% on the month. But as Jim said… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Good month Ex. :+1: Let’s put this in perspective. I’m convinced that a scalper that works at it can do 3% - 6% weekly. Lets take your figure of 11% which is almost 3% weekly. Compounded, your 11% works out to almost 250% interest on your money yearly. The leading banks are now paying 2.1% PER YEAR.

If a scalper starts out with $300. and invests $30. per week in his business and does 3% per week he will accumulate almost $24,000. in 100 weeks. It is reasonable to think, in trading, the scalper would improve his trade and do 4% the second 50 weeks. That being the case he would end the 100 weeks with a account worth almost $38,000.

In my world it’s worth the effort to learn the trade.

2 Likes

Image-1(7)

2 Likes

Just been running through the emails from various financial bodies that email me occasionally … such as one of my brokers.

IG markets is re-specifying some of their margin rates (this is for retail customers).
The majors on FX still require 3.33%, which gives you leverage of 33:1
…unless you buy (or sell) a shed-load, in which case the margin requirement is 15%

A shed-load == approximately $15m or more, unless the other currency is Swiss Franc, in which case a shed-load == $9.5m

There are half-shed-load values too. Again the typical majors remain at 3.33% except for Swiss Franc wherein the margin is raised to 5%. Also in there are a number of crosses with with GBP which have been repriced at 4%. I guess this is due to Branxiety (Brexit anxiety).

Stray into the minor crosses and everything starts at 5%, unless one half of the pair is the Turkish Lira in which case bets start at 7.5%. An interesting thing is what happens when you get to the shed-load volume in the minors. I failed to find guidance on the Rupee against the Lira (so I guess it is not there) but it appears that the Ruble is the worst currency once you are above $1m. Margin is quoted at 50% at contract sizes around $2.5m … which is way worse than the Turkish Lira! (25% above $5.5m)

Ok, because of you I dug up an old account and took a look. :smile: This is what I think is worth watching. It could take a while to play out.

2 Likes