Market Traders Chewin' The Fat

Hi Jim, also @robgsxr … and anyone else who knows me :wink:
BTW I posted the exact same EU chart around Draghi’s announcement above.

Glad to see you broke even, I dropped 2.5% on EU mid-week and thought I had lost it. Had another UJ trade go underwater but I decided to fight back.

Wrestled with the UJ leaving one trade open for 2 days (got paid twice on the rollover :slight_smile: ). Managed to close fractionally in profit (4 pips) and also made a few extras on UJ to cover my foul on EU.

Finished the week up 1.1%, but it was a bit sweaty. :sweat_smile:
Here’s wishing y’all good trading for the coming week.

1 Like

Hi I’m new here and I was checking out this thread. It seems like the focus is on swing and not talking about companies you like?

Hi, and welcome. Most of the chat in here is about FX trading.

Sometimes a few people post stuff about company stock.
Feel free to contribute or ask questions, the worst that will happen is that nobody answers…

Looks like you had a bit of a fight also this week Ex.
Ending “up” for the week in certain circumstances can see like a real victory, hope we can all see clearly next week and pull off a decent comeback :grinning:

1 Like

I personally don’t know much about FX (that’s short for Forex right), is that during regular trading hours or is it during off hours?

This isn’t a bad place to start to get some basic understanding.
https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex

By the time you get to the end of what it has to offer if you are lucky you might realise that it’s then best to actually erase most of what you “learn”. If you are very lucky you might get somewhere in 12 months and be sure there is no guarantee that you can ever achieve success. You will encounter sharks and bullshitters and just when you think you can trust someone’s information you will discover they are full of shit. You will likely get impatient especially if you have some beginners luck and that will lead to you losing money, you will be market chum, you will experience euphoria, you will experience despair.
Don’t even think about paying anyone for tuition, bots, or any other wonder crap that the Forex world will throw at you !!

Yes there are people out there who are genuine but it will take you a long time to work that out and even then you could still end up as prey !!

Don’t want to put you off but you have probably already googled FOREX and discovered how quick you can become rich. The paragraph above however is closer to the reality for most people. I personally think you have to have a bit of talent lurking, think of how many people in the world play football/soccer and how many from that number actually make it in terms of it being a lucrative career.

Welcome Eagle !

3 Likes

Welcome! StuFx says it all in the above post. It’s a long arduous journey, but well worth the effort.

DAY JOB

2 Likes

When we finish a home and the numbers aren’t as we planned them we tear the figures apart to find where we made a error in our original bid. I do the same if I have a week of trades that suck. I had two trades that hit my emergency stop. It was traderer error. One came within .2 pip of hitting my TP and one came within 1.8 pips of hitting. I took my eye off the ball because I thought they were “sure things”. Won’t be making that mistake again for a while. Don’t take eyeball off trade till SL moved to BE.

The other mistake was simply mis-charting. As shown on weekly we still ranging.

Capture

The one day shows my error. The yellow lines represent how I charted it and the purple represent how I should have charted it.

Capture1

The 12hr shows in detail. Trend lines, to me, represent where buyers and sellers are at. I always begin looking for a channel at the top and duplicate that line for my bottom line. The erroneous chart told me this thing had broken through the buyers line and the accurate chart showed me it had hit buyers and was on the way back up. Had I liquidated my short and entered long, I would have had a very profitable week instead of a BE one.

Capture2

1 Like

Another beauty Jim, someone is going to enjoy !

1 Like

Hey … I like the fan!

@Jen just curious, how long have you been trading forex?

It’s amazing what you can do with a doublewide! Can I buy the old axles? :rofl:

1 Like

Got U figgered out U ol’ redneck! U want dem axles so U can get couple pieces scrap iron, do a lidd’le welding, get U a beat up old dodge 2500 wit a cummins diesel and go into the car haul’in buzines! :joy::rofl::joy:

You muss be a Yankee! It’s bidniss! Two slobbulls! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m a forgivv’in southern’er. You can cheat play’in pool. You can drink one more bud than I can. Youre dog can piss on the tire of my F150 – but don’t you dare call me no yankee! :scream:

If you stay in Joyga, you a suthna.

Hang round me uhnuff nile teach you how to tawk suthun.

You’d best git back to chewin’ fat.

I ain;t in no joyga – I south cowlina – jus member – I speak mississipaniese so don’t try putt’in no shit over on me :joy::rofl::joy:

Thanks for the info and the link. I’ve done my share of swing trading and day trading - won some lost some - but with working full time and with kids I realized that if you cannot devote a significant amount of time to it you can easily get burned trying to go at it half ass. Most of my trading involves ETF’s or stocks, never traded currencies (which from what I researched that what Forex is about). Is there any advantage to Forex trading over ETF’s for example?

It’s Missippy! :joy:

1 Like