Market Traders Chewin' The Fat

E/U volatility warning, 3pm GMT:

Draghi due to testify on the ECB’s 2017 Annual Report before the European Parliament, in Strasbourg

1 Like

Few minutes in the office playing the news. 1 safety, 2 hits

Capture

1 Like

:+1:I’m still in on this one Jim :grin:

1 Like

Screenshot_12

3 Likes

Had to leave early this morning and got back earlier than usual – opened the screen and there she was – opportunity. Again, I owe Stu Boy. Since taking “over trading” out of my matrix, it’s simply a opportunity or not. Probably through for the week unless a sure fire thing pops up. Absolutely will not trade Friday. Thursdays always been good – Fridays always been killers.

Capture

2 Likes

3 Likes

alexander-elder

shot_5

5 Likes

Here comes the recession…
Massive outflows from some ETFs
Trump shaking the world, tightening credit in the UK, and now this from European car sales

Sales in the EU of passenger vehicles dropped 8.4% in December compared to a year earlier. It was the fourth month in a row of sharp year-over-year declines that wiped out the growth of the first eight months of 2018: Sep: -23.5% Oct: -7.3% Nov: -8.0% Dec: -8.4%

1 Like

Cable Radar levels

GBPUSD_2019-01-17_16-23-56

1 Like

Stu, U trade indies much? Can it B scalped pretty much like forex? Same principals? I am going to stick with only EU (long as there is a EU :joy:) forex wise but am thinking about SPX middle of the year. Feel I will be comfortable to trade it in 6 months so.

1 Like

I don’t find any difference Jim, I use my same approach, not sure about patterns etc you would have to observe that. The indices I have levels on are S&P500, Uk100, Dax30, all as cfd not futures. Margin requirements are higher than majors and crosses and will vary depending on financial jurisdiction. They are not my every day trades but I tend to mark some outlying levels with an alarm and that works well and in terms of success rate, no different to the forex side of operations. So if the alarm rings and I’m not in anything I look and weigh it up in exactly the same way I do forex, still all OHLC based.
Just like forex they have a Horsepower rating and DAX is similar to G/N or G/J IMO, a bit of a bucking bronco, I find S&P500 and UK100 more similar to EU but just like EU they can certainly have their moments.

As ever Caveat Emptor/Caveat Venditor !!:joy:

EDIT: And mostly only trade them when the underlying market is open although as CFD’s it’s similar to forex but they do have have small daily shutdowns but think that is broker dependent.

1 Like

Upper level didn’t work out, well not without a 30 pip stop anyway ! I was out but having reviewed the 1 min chart I probably would have had a go at it but it would have added to the negative portions of my stats with a 8/10 pip loss.

Morning Stu, I have similar levels around that area and have bought a retest for a few pips this morning from the blue arrows.

My red line is a monthly close from august 2017 and the top yellow a weekly close from 2016.

It really is a dangerous thing to be in any trade to do with the GBP for to long while the brexit fiasco is taking place.

gbp

Nice one Rob :+1: I gave that one a miss as hooked up elsewhere that was Monday high too, my other is at 29156 ish and will keep 27878 on the radar still if it gets down there.

https://youtu.be/5V6btl0ASu0

1 Like

I started looking at indices a couple of weeks ago because I came across a guy at FF trading them who I had spoken with early last year.
They seem to work fairly similar to currencies just that some have more gaps due to closing times I guess
I did trade the us30 on tuesday for the first time and it was a negative trade but was my fault on timing so I will focus a little more.
Also I have mainly checked against only weekly and monthly levels not so much daily although on the US 30 the pink line is daily and held up well
.uk100

us30

2 Likes

Crushed by the slow … of death.

https://youtu.be/XFkzRNyygfk

Haha creep is one of my fav’s.
It appears that the ftse is pushing for a retest of that 6995.00 level again. I might take a short off it if it reaches with a few pips stop the other side.

:+1:My next is 7009. With any luck I’ll be in bed.

I will be mindful of that when placing stops :ok_hand: