Market Traders Chewin' The Fat

I couldn’t agree more. It’s pretty much how I do my trading.

1 Like

Yeah I mainly trade at market as I like to see the whites of the market’s eyes but same principle of taking a leap of faith and getting in where you anticipate a bounce. Stick with it :+1:

1 Like

Hey! He popped up here when it was Freebird…

Must have been before I rode in to town. Anyway he really does know how to work a limit order.

Screenshot_2

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:… body is unclear message is annoying :grin:

1 Like

Maybe this will help.

Screenshot_1

2 Likes

I just went to The Tomb and PM’d GDR3k

Let’s see if he turns up…

1 Like

This week was a difficult one. Loads of disruption, not enough time to watch the screen.
At one point I thought I had dropped it, but eventually finished up 0.8% on the week.
So here’s to a better next-week, although I will be stuffed from Thursday evening.

In keeping with sentiments expressed by @Leatherneck
I tend to be exuberant about positive outcomes, and quietly sulk when less positive.
So as a balancing statement … I lost 0.5% in the month of December
Not a huge hit but it is only fair to point out that sometimes things are not all roses.

This month the total so far is up 4.9% and I am doing my best to hang onto it … which I could do by simply ceasing trading (and that may happen due to external factors) … :innocent:

1 Like

Lots of big U.S. news kept me out for quite a bit. Which is damn annoying. Now this coming week, I can look forward to the EUR and JPY having big talks, along with G20 talks. ENOUGH WITH THE TALKS! LET ME TRADE ALREADY DAMMIT!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

edit: Looking at the economic calendar, ffs man. It’s looking like the markets aren’t going to return to normal until the first full week of February. Dammit! I don’t want an extended vacation! I want to make money!

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

A

Will be eliminating line 3 as I think the descending wedge no longer relevant. Also not looking at this as a head and shoulders as the right shoulder as become overextended.

B

Looking at the 4 hr, I am now looking at the old h&s lines and the purple lines as the new range till something major takes place.

Spent a lot of time over the holidays going over my records. Strictly scalping now. Have found my sweet spot is 6.9 take profit. That gives me bout 2.83% on a short and because of Oanda’s spread and way of doing things bout 2.21% on a long. Emergency stop is 21 pips which would result in a 8-8.75% drawdown, something I can live with. If in a extremely strong trend, I will put a 1 in front of the 6.9 so I have a 16.9 take profit. That is as strong as I intend to get. When ready to do business, look at 5min to 4hr timeframes to see what she doing. 15min main one I use and actually trade the 3min or 2min, forcing myself to wait for what I’m looking for. 5 trades first week and 4 this past. No loses. Now convinced one can maintain a 88% or higher win rate. I only trade now between 6am my time till london close of 12pm my time. Will look at tokyo open and wait at least 30 minutes to see where they want to take her. Close the screen after one successful tokyo trade per session. If I get over 10% for the week, I’m done as records showed that over the last two years I gave away some good profits trying for that last couple per cent. Per Stu’s post above, I have taken “over trading” out of my vocabulary. Matter of knowing precisely what you are looking for and taking it.

1 Like

Capture

Capture1

Screenshot_1

1 Like

Weekly Charts January 13th, 2019
USDIndex, Weekly
EURUSD,Weekly
USA500, Weekly
USOIL,Weekly

USDindex%20wkly

EU%20wkly

SnP500%20Wkly

US%20Oil%20Wkly

If you look at Alex’s 1-week chart it now looks like a downtrend with an aberration which for a while looked like a H&S

Take no prisoners Jim :grin::muscle:

Scalping :rofl:

3 Likes

Further to the above … here is a fact sheet for November
Slightly concerning is the drop of 4.65% in the NAV per share
However there was a considerable income improvement compared to October…
So the long answer is “I don’t know”

I am into this Trust for 99,000 bits of ink-on-paper, and I am taking the capital redemption on 80,000 with the rest rolling over into the “rollover vehicle” ( LSE:BGLF ).
Anybody buying now will get one dividend payment (not yet declared, expect 2-cents) and whatever the NAV finally turns out to be distributed over the coming months.

There are some strange restrictions on this instrument in certain parts of the world. To find out if this applies to you I suggest you access the company’s website, put in your ‘real’ country of residence, and see what happens.

Carador-Nov-2018-Monthly-vF.pdf (263.4 KB)

EU close to Brexit levels again. I wonder if it will hover until March 29th …

EURUSD_2019-01-15_11-44-20