Market Traders Chewin' The Fat

Oh shit, my day hasn’t been the best mate, take it with a pinch of salt, just managed a quickie on cable which almost gets me back on an even keel for the day. Not had a losing day in a while so think I will call it a day and hope the tea leaves give me a better clue Monday.

https://youtu.be/RpimiNvcRC4

1 Like

Same here, what was a 1.5 % up day has ended -2.5 % and I am loathe to fight it.

Shit happens, Look forward to the new week :slight_smile:

Edit: Couldn’t stop myself it was to tempting :rofl::rofl:

Sold on my line and got out with few pips just to say f*ck you for the end of the week…
Now I really am done !uk100b

2 Likes

What I’m looking at: We’ve had 7 down days in a row – sorta unusual. Some was predicated on rumors of a china deal. Larry Kudlow said Fri it ain’t so. Expecting a retrace to 1450 so before much more downthrust.

Capture

The 2 hr shows a nice declining wedge. I probably make money 80% of the time if I have a well formed wedge. We C.

Weekly Charts January 20th, 2019
USDIndex, Weekly
EURUSD,Weekly
USA500, Weekly
USOIL,Weekly
USDIndex%2CWeekly

EURUSD%2CWeekly

USA500%2CWeekly

USOIL%2CWeekly

They look clean Stu :ok_hand:
Is that Andrews pitchfork with extra Tynes added or another indi ?
I haven’t considered it for long timeframes, I just use the standard fork on intra day only.

This is going to be a great pair to short at some point, and probably a few months down the road!

Sorry mate you got me puzzled on that one. What looks clean ?

The charts look uncluttered with just these lines present, that’s what I meant !

I agree Doc, it seems inevitable that world opinion will assume GB weakness for a period after leaving / not leaving, it’s just tricky at the moment with the knee jerk reactions to any news with brexit in the text.

Sorry mate it doesn’t refer to a post so don’t know but I’ll accept it must be clean whichever one you are referring to. You referring to Alex charts ?

EDIT @Dr_Manhattan and @robgsxr I fancy Cable around 1.60 by year end

Yep sorry Stu let me try again, they are Alex’s charts. I don’t know why but when I reply to any posts my system no longer shows the post I am referring to… It was ok for a while!

Sorry Alex, if you pick this up just wondered what fork indi that is ?

That’s a brave prediction Stu on cable! I agree we should see it back up but timing it ? I couldn’t begin to guess. What we do know is the charts will give us a clue when it starts

Ok Got ya, yes they are tidy I’m Not sure how @AlexC trades them, entry at outer edges or wait to see if it bounce first then look for entry ? Perhaps he will tell us ?
Just a guestimate mate for cable. I try and look at a monthly like an hourly and then wait for ages to see if I got lucky !
They have to keep buyers and sellers interested, if this (meaning monthly cable) was an hourly chart I wouldn’t be shorting, that’s not to say it can’t drop more but I would need to be enticed at a much higher level before starting to attack the bait.

1 Like

I’m posting pitchforks or Andrew’s median lines on the MT4 platform.
The free indicator can be found here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre…94#post3039794
This is the single most important statement made in Dr. Andrews’ original course:
“Median lines and Median Line Parallels: the Median Lines enable the user to be one of the few who can tell where the prices are headed, and the place they will reach about 80% of the time, and when approximately that place will be reached.”

Pitchforks can be used on any time frame. Even 144 tick charts.
TD Ameritrade platform.

Thanks for explanation Alex, I just found in my MT4 files this very indicator which I must have had for some years but never loaded which is why I only use the standard Andrews pitchfork. As you illustrate the extra lines do fine tune the indicator and I will reload the AML version.

I haven’t read the background on Dr Andrew I just simply realised I liked the standard pitchfork on my 15 minute charts.

I will do some further reading before changing the way I rely on the earlier version, so thanks again :+1:

1 Like

I have never used a 144 tick but clearly it appears there is merit in having it running on a chart to correlate reversals with other sup / res areas. I will monitor in more detail :+1:

1 Like

Scrjhlk

2 Likes

Top pic, me at the start of August. Bottom pic, me at the end of October.

3 Likes

Screjpoj5

1 Like

Screenshot_1

2 Likes