Man made climate catastrophe

…and that is something which I have been slow to realise (speaking as an engineer).

1 Like

I also see other patterns.

From left to right regarding the peaks in temperatures:

Longer period to complete peak.
Shorter period to complete peak.

Shortest period to complete peak.

Shorter period to complete peak.
Longer period to complete peak.

And from left to right regarding the glacial periods:

Shortest glacial period.
Longer glacial period.
Even longer glacial period.
Longest glacial period.

Glacial periods shown also get colder with each iteration.

So much data, but these people and “muh CO2.” :man_shrugging:

Oh no! …the Sun is running out of gas!

There’s no doubt that in America at least, global warming is a commie plot being hatched by Putin to steal the 1%'s money.
But in America it won’t happen because the American poor work for free to protect the 1 or 2%…

We’d better tax hydrogen so it lasts longer!

1 Like

Here is an old man who has been watching the heat-wave for quite a while

4 Likes

This observation has been hinted at before in various threads, so I thought I would actually do the calculation, of course with a little help from some online aids.

HOW MUCH CARBON DIOXIDE IS EMITTED BY HUMANS ?

For this estimation a few simple premises are stated.

1. each human consumes 1500 kCal per day (Americans and Brits easily balance out the struggling 3rd world)
  2. the CO2 production is likened to the result of burning gasoline, which we can argue about but my presupposal is that anything else is less efficient and therefore the actual CO2 output would be more…

From my packet of fruit and nuts … 1500kCal = 6.3 MegaJoules (near enough)
The energy density of gasoline is 45.8MJ per kg (from some oil industry website)
Therefore the equivalent gasoline consumption of a human is 137.5g per day

1kg of Gasoline produces 2.3kg CO2 when burnt efficiently (from the same website)
Therefore 137.5g per human produces 316.4g CO2

Multiply that result by 8 billion people…
Mankind produces 2.531 Megatonnes of carbon dioxide PER DAY

Please check my calculation because I am prone to making stupid mistakes.

2 Likes

Exactly why are you here??

Just want to se if you can piss off a few people instead of having a meaningful conversation?

Oh wait, you’re apparently a liberal and meaningful conversations isn’t part of your life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_scientists_who_disagree_with_the_scientific_consensus_on_global_warming&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Add “call_me_ishmael” to the list.

And you think the names and political borders of England and Britain affect the climate.

Thanks for showing us who we are dealing with.

Actually, he is no longer here.

We don’t have to deal with him.

The avatar you see is assigned to users who have been suspended…for a thousand years! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah but… oh… this is from an old post of his? I know other trolls that need to keep him company.

1 Like

…and of particular note, a member of the list which includes those who say that the cause of climate change is unknown.

Keith E. Idso, botanist, former adjunct professor of biology at Maricopa County Community College District and the vice president of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change.

Looking at it another way, I found a source on the web that said an average person exhales about a half a metric ton per year. That would be 400 megatonnes per year for 8 billion people, a little over one per day.

In the same ballpark. Compare that to the number I’ve seen for burning of fossil fuels, about 10 gigatons per year of CO2 if I remember right.

A couple of other data points. CO2 is in the atmosphere at about 0.4%. Water vapor, another “greenhouse gas” is about 4%. Yet, climate modelers claim to be able to quantify the effect of CO2, and its rising from 0.39% to 0.4%. Anyone who doesn’t look at that and say “prove it” with remarkable predictions is just swallowing extravagant claims without due skepticism.

They can’t prove it and instead attack skeptics or get a statement from Joe Blow, PhD to say he swallows it. That’s what you call pseudoscience.

The stupids also brush over the CO2 dissolved in the oceans and the 100+ year cycle of ocean currents.

What the Paris accord fails to deal with, what Occasional Cortex and Pragmatic Heather ignore is that even if we were to destroy our economy and bring our emissions down to say 1% instead of 13%, the other 87% would still be belching along because no one on the left dares to say anything negative about the larger culprits- India, China (who is taking measures) and the various other third world nations who ignore how polluted their environments are.

Firstly, that number should be 4,000 megatonnes, and yields a number that is approximately 4 times bigger than mine … so we are in the right ballpark.
(there is a calculator on that thing you are using to post here)

Which means that if we are producing 10 gigatonnes per year through burning fossil fuels then the world population is a significant addition to the total CO2 output.

The rest of your post is valid, and concerning. I watched a scientist deliberately hoodwink David Attenborough on an episode of Blue Planet II
I was absolutely disgusted at the lack of professional decorum, I will see if I can find it…

Oh look, an inconvenient truth !

2 Likes

Is now a good time to remind us that it was liberal environmentalists who pushed plastic back in the day. They were a radical bunch of liberals who wanted to save the trees and were called “tree huggers” by pushing the use of plastic instead of renewables like wood and glass, ironically they also pushed a “save the whales” campaign and you can see how that has turned out. :roll_eyes:

In other words my theory is whatever the liberal cause it always turns rancid and some species on the planet pays the price! :angry:

Global Warming is the LIE heard around the world making a lot of liberal scam artists like Al Gore RICH and it’s the human species who will pay the price, if not in $$ then with their way of life or their very lives.

3 Likes

Oh, please. Putin and the Russians are building the largest ever ice breakers … they aren’t driving this.

But the heirs to those that Stalin called Useful Idiots sure are.

So, wrong iteration of Russia and wrong leader.