Lost in the Fifties- Another Time, Another Place

Dr_Manhattan and TWR are one and the same, and I claim my $20.

That’s so easily disproven it’s laughable.

Ask KVN or Typf to look at our IP addresses.

Quit making a fool of yourself.

1 Like

Thanks! You just proved why no one here responds to you! How about provide something of substance that adds to the conversation instead of being a asshat troll all the time?

I’ll think about it! :joy:

He is not mentally savvy to know that checking public profiles here is not that difficult! Gee wiz, ignorance is bliss to some! :rofl:

I rest my case! Duh!

Tail Lights of the '50s…

The crinklies among us may enjoy guessing the make and year model of these cars.

1 Like

I love these amazing USA luxurious fins. All those wind tunnel —“gas saving”—soap dish stylings are so boring-- and all look the same. Let’s go back to long, exotic fins and cool taillights in the USA.

1 Like

That one showing in the OP is a DeSoto…aka DODGE DeSoto

The 2nd (I think) is a Dodge Coronet

The 3rd is obviously a Dodge

The 4th is obviously a Cadillac

The 5th is a Pontiac

The 6th is another Cadillac

The 7th, a Corvette

The 8th is a obvious

The 9th is a '58 Ford Galaxy (the ugliest Galaxy ever built)

The 10th is another Corvette

The 11th is a '56 Chevrolet BelAir

The 12th is a '56 Ford Thunderbird

The 13th is a '59 Chevrolet Impala

The 14th is a '57 Chevrolet BelAir

The 15th is another (dead giveaway) DeSoto

The 16th is a '58 Oldsmobile (I couldn’t guess the year or whether it was and Olds or a Pontiac…so I searched it out.)
Screenshot_2020-03-29 1950s Pontiac tail lights images at DuckDuckGo

The 17th (ditto)

The 18th is a Dodge truck ('57 I think)

The 19th is a '56 Ford

1 Like
1 Like

And to think they all started out like this . . .

This is pretty nice.

Jay Leno must have full time staff to keep his collection up on schedule. Does he charge admission to see them?

I am not sure, but from looks of it that place is pretty big. I remember seeing this car or a later version of it because that back window I thought was unique when I was a kid

1 Like

He has to keep registering every car, even if he never drives it at all and it has to have insurance. In CA a Certificate of non-operation means no driving it…I’m not sure if driving on one’s own property is legal. I have a 1991 Lincoln Towncar signature addition with 52,000 miles on it, that just sits. It is my 96 yr old mom’s car,

I have to keep putting new batteries in it from non-use so I can take it to it’s smog tests every two years. It would be perfect If I had it repainted and a few other things. I hate to sell it, but it’s a pain in the neck to maintain.

CA could make old cars illegal.

Actually he has a dealers license which allows him greater freedom to insure all of his cars with a more singular protection plan. Also he can drive any car for a certain distance and a limited time as classic cars fall under a specific category that exempts them from certain state laws imposed standards so long as they are used in a certain way and are not regularly driven as a daily commute.

It had occurred to me he might have a special deal…I’ll have to look up that classic car requirement. The '91 Lincoln, has some special kind of airlift suspension so I get offers from people wanting to buy it. I think it’s a popular lowrider car.

I had a friend while living in Florida who had a Lincoln Town car similar to yours. I think his was a early 2000 model that had that adjusted suspension system feature that you speak of. If I remember correctly with a touch of a button on the dash you could adjust the ride with 4 different settings to choose from. He loved that car, and it was a smooth ride. He then moved back to Alabama to be with his parents and I convinced him to trade it in for a more economical car, as it was a guzzler. Where he lived was a more rural area and it got expensive for him on his daily commutes to work as gas prices at the time was reaching 3 dollars a gallon. Despite the fact they are gas hogs, I love them. My favourite is the 60’s model with the suicide doors and convertible roof TOP. Beautiful cars and iconic.

1 Like

I just looked up the historic, VS. antique cars on DMV. To be “antique,” it needs to be 39 yrs old. I think “historic” registration is at least 25 yrs and depends on car clubs and car show use.

1 Like

It also varies from state to state too. You live in California?