Is it time to abandon our troops AGAIN?

Well, we once did.

But Jimmy Carter–back in the late 1970s–ended it.

I would strongly suggest that we should reinstate it; and treat an attack on Taiwan as the same as an attack upon a NATO member.

He made wild promises like that at his campaign rally’s regularly to the enthusiastic applause of his supporters equally naive and ignorant of American economics.

BUT, one would have thought that he AT LEAST would have sought to pay it down. Not only did he not pay it down a penny, the 19.8 trillion dollar debt that he made such a stink about as candidate swelled to 27 trillion in his brief presidency and the balanced budgets that he so braggingly claimed would be easy for a savvy businessman such as himself, we’re actually RECORD budget deficits.

So when I see these people now, even today, posting threads here handwringing over debt and deficit after their silence during trumps financial destruction to the country, I laugh….:roll_eyes:

Yes some of us defended our Country because it was our duty as AMERICAN CITIZEN . I vote , answer every call to jury duty , support law enforcement , and support border control . You homos use every excuse known to man to avoid fighting for what you believe in , you bash everything American , overlook all the glaring corruption of the demoRAT party , swallow CNN’s horseshit without question and NEVER answer questions about Hillary , FBI , Dossier , or the attempted coup . You are a fucking phony trashbag with no morals . FUCK YOU EVERY MUCH TURD .

2 Likes

Carter absolutely did end it following the historic Nixon trip to China to open up US/China relations and pave the way for American manufacturing to find its new home….

I heartily disagree with you that the US should re enter a defense agreement with that tiny island country off China’s shores. But if we do, and more American blood is going to be spilled in another senseless Asian war, I hope YOU put YOUR blood where your mouth is……:wink:

1 Like

China is the one that has started the confrontation.

Apparently, you believe that the US should meekly back down…

I think it would be fair to assume that Monte views America, not as being fundamentally good, with a few flaws; but, rather, as being fundamentally bad, with (perhaps) a few good points, here and there…

1 Like

Well that’s the most honest thing for a politician to do, and Biden did campaign on raising taxes….

You have to cut spending or raise taxes or both, or the debt becomes 30 trillion, 40 trillion, 100 trillion….At what point do we collapse……:thinking:

1 Like

And you would be absolutely ignorant of the truth then. I am indeed highly critical of USFP primarily when it comes to our interference and war mongering. Always have been and always will be as long as our leadership cows to the MIC Eisenhower warned of 62 years ago. But that is but ONE aspect of what makes America AMERICA….

China has NOT started any confrontations with America. And we have no formal defense agreement with Taiwan and what they do there is their business……period, and apparently America is soon to learn this hard truth.

2 Likes

Larry is a moron ………

You appear to make no effort to come to a nuanced, analytical view.

Rather, you are happy to stick in the knife, and twist it.

That is truly hard to respect…

Since I am almost 74 years of age (in less than two more months, I will reach that point), I truly doubt that the US military would take me.

And I have long maintained that Nixon did this nation a grave disservice by “open[ing] up US/China relations,” as if China were something other than a rogue country.

1 Like

The truth may cut like a knife if one is on the wrong end of it……

Yes of course, that’s always been the way America’s wars are run, the old men start them and the young men go and die fighting the foolishness……

Well, perhaps not just CNN. My guess is that he listens to MSNBC, also…

Well, that’s probably true, but American manufacturing was looking for slave wages. The American middle class was built following WW2 with the 50’s and 60’s bringing wealth from the top to middle America and the top didn’t like that much….

Tell me Mr John’s, what is the premier source for unbiased and factual news………:thinking:

Well, no confrontations–IF we are to dismiss their continual espionage (in which American secrets are stolen); their attempt to make America totally dependent upon them; and their effort to make totalitarianism (rather than a republic with overtones of democracy) the model for twenty-first-century nation-states.

Apparently, you believe that a MILITARY confrontation is the only sort of confrontation that really counts…

I suppose that is intended to be some sort of biting sarcasm–although I really miss its significance…