Is Civilized Society in the Early Stages of Breaking Down?

And as more of them move into the middle class they’ll sober up even more quickly.

In his January 1964 State of the Union address, President Lyndon Johnson proclaimed, “This administration today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty in America.” In the 50 years since that time, U.S. taxpayers have spent over $22 trillion on anti-poverty programs.

HHS has determined that for 2018 , the federal poverty level for individuals starts at $12,140, increasing by some $4,320 for each additional person - so the federal poverty level for a household of 2 members would be $16,460 for the 48 contiguous states and D.C.

The official poverty rate in 2017 was 12.3 percent , down 0.4 percentage points from 12.7 percent in 2016.

Currently there are more jobs than people willing to fill them. Barring any mental or physical constraints there is no reason why anyone should be living at the poverty level of income.

The divorce rate shot up when No Fault Divorce was made into law. Kids being born out of wedlock are primarily minorities and those living in poverty. The system rewards those that are irresponsible. The more kids they have the more benefits they receive.

You want to see less kids being born out of wedlock and less people living in poverty? Stop rewarding irresponsible people. One kid out of wedlock could be a mistake two or more is simply not giving a shit. Cover the expenses of one child and one child only. These crazy women and men will soon get the message.

No argument from me. The birth rate for single mothers though exploded due to several factors not the least of which were welfare rules which made it difficult for a “family” to get welfare if there was a healthy husband in the picture that could work.

Neverminding the “so called” remark, I was just pointing out that LBJ ruined America and Trump is making it great again.

Trump is trying; and he very well may fail; but it will not be because he didn’t give it his best shot. A lot of resurrection will be necessary. Our Liberals are attempting to dig our country’s grave faster than Trump can fill it in.

4 Likes

That is true, as more and more of them are beginning to speak out too! I hope more continues to do so, as the Democratic Party continues to burn the country down with their nonsense of allowing illegal immigration to continue!

1 Like

Illinois is there already.

1 Like

Which is the National Debt…

Politicians must create problems so they have something to campaign on. Trump on the other hand is a problem solver and many in DC can’t stand that.

I have yet seen a politician fix something without screwing three or more other things up.

2 Likes

Just remember that what he’s trying isn’t considered improvement by more than half of Americans. I believe that Trump is an anomaly and we’ll see a return to the old status quo.

Americans prefer order and discipline to Trump’s impetuous approach.

Sometimes a country needs a leader who isn’t afraid to make the whole world hold it’s breath. Remember TR? It was TR who turned America into a world power.

You’re certainly in no position to speak for Americans. You can speak for yourself and maybe for your fellow democrats but certainly not for the rest of us.

2 Likes

Historically I dont think this is true. We have been an impetuous and daring people. Now if you are redefining “Americans” to simply include the illegals here who share no cultural heritage with us… then maybe.

If it were true, we’d still be an English Colony.

And all living crowded on the east coast.

You pay too much attention to the polls.

1 Like

You could have made your point without this stupidity.

I agree we’re flooding the country with people we shouldn’t be admitting, but they’re not subhuman.

Thanks for that!
As far as a movie, I thought about oh, say “The Trials of Temaritus Jones” in which the protagonist Hispanic/African American who is raised at arm’s length by a welfare single mom, and has an epiphany early on about the lives of disorganization all around him. He quietly applies himself in school, and work, breaks free from the cycle of entitlement, and becomes a professor. Though loved by his better students, he is ultimately drummed out of the profession by the ‘woke’ members of the faculty who bristle at his refusal to be bitter and self pitying.
Something along those lines…

Something along those lines…

1 Like

Obligatory viewing

1 Like