Is Civilized Society in the Early Stages of Breaking Down?

Sounds like if anyone needs a filling for a tooth or shiny spoons and forks, you will be an essential contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbOv_ClA7j0

1 Like

You are making reference to Social norms, or Mores. Values are social norms they’re personal, emotional, subjective, and arguable. All of us have values. Even criminals have values. Values change over time. What we value today may not be what we will value tomorrow.

Whereas, Principles never change principles are natural laws they’re impersonal, factual, objective and self-evident.

Our society is being driven by Social norms or Mores, values. If our Forefathers had been driven by Social norms or Mores we would still be speaking the King’s Language.

Nick Johnson is just another stupid son of a bitch with penchant for cute sayings and a disdain for the South. Screw him!

If you watch his 10 Worst States video and follow up with his 10 Best States video, you may note that he’s put New York on both of them.

okay, but values differ from culture to culture which helps shape a society , but people are funny they believe in values which dictates how they should they behave vs how they behave

In America its funny how we define values, conservatives value freedom, Liberals value equality

But that is another story for another time.

I see that you’re a fan of the late Steven Covey. Funny I read that book , The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness maybe 5 months ago,

No doubt the parallels are compelling and sometimes its harder looking at things from a truthful perspective than a homogenized one. To put things in a more sharper focus, when thinking about this, Rome was an empire whose reign was a little over 1500 years and within that time frame their peak was a period of 200 years. Pretty remarkable when all variables are considered. America has been in existence for only a fraction of that time comparably being only 240+ years old, so its decline can be argued either way equally as to whether it will eventually collapse or if there is an expedient paradigm shift that will be enough to prolong such visions of dystopia. These things don’t happen over night either, its a gradual process until a zenith is reached where such paradigm shifts happen, the last being in the 60’s with counter culture vs, the Dominant culture. All things being equal of course the methods by which such paradigms shifts occur have also changed in our current discourse, but the progression of the species within a mass populace where politics still remains a vehicle to air such grievances still remains the same, as do the results where the shift in the mass proportions gravitating to the dominant culture in order for acceptance to take root for the benefit of individual prosperity. Its cyclical and has played out throughout human history.

"This election may very well be the last chance we have to turn the tide back against the ever increasing entitlement leftist state being forced upon us.
In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: “A democracy is always Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent Form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until The time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous Gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority Always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from The public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a Dictatorship.”
"The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."

Sound Familiar?

2 Likes

If Americans killing each other in greater numbers than were lost in all foreign wars wasn’t the breakdown of society, how is it that a brawl at a ball game signals such???

1 Like

Your essay is very powerful and moving! Its truthful, its accurate, its thought provoking, and well articulated to the point it evokes to think about root causes and arriving to find solutions. My question to you is a simple one, one that requires further thought that accurately fits your statement.

If you were to make a movie based on your essay, what would you title it?

After reading your post several times, I couldn’t help but think about how we got here. I am of the belief that everything that is making America ill is not isolated to America alone, but is a world wide phenomenon plaguing all western nations, of course there are exceptions to this where such nations have held fast to their national identities and continue to have national unity where self determination is still valued among their populace. IMO the greatest detriment and contributing factor to what is plaguing western civilization is the contributions of French Intellectuals that ushered in the post modernist era. The populace is ignorant to this viewpoint as only academia and its upper echelons that debate such topics would dare to venture in such territory. However, just as you point to the symptoms of modern societies ills, just as importantly is looking at the root causes by going back to their origins of a particular thought process is what gave birth to them.

An interesting article you might find enlightening and its what I thought most ironic when reading your post as I am in the process of writing a book identifying the symptoms and its root causes of modern day discourse of nihilistic purveyance, and your essay pretty much I find in sync with my quiet meditations. Thank you for sharing such an intelligent post, I really appreciated it!

1 Like

Don;t be surprised if you don’t get a response, this OPED requires critical thinking skills and a deeper thought process, as evidenced by the content of your post is something you lack in poor quantity of!

1 Like

Out of wedlock births have increased by about five fold since that era.

It’s true! Everyone I know who were old enough to remember blame LBJ’s great society initiative that had the opposite effect of it’s so called intended purpose and was quite destructive to the African American family nucleus!

1 Like

Did you find that book useful and would you recommend it?

It was actually in his book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I have a signed copy. I met him at The University of Cincinnati a few years back. He was there giving a seminar for the Professors. A close friend at P&G was able to get me a seat. It was not long after that he passed away.

People having different values shaping society is true. But the problem is values alone won’t make for a lasting society one of which continues to grow and prosper. Take Germany for example. Germany went down the path of Hitler’s values and became Nazi Germany.

Even our forefathers interjected their values into the Constitution. I have to believe they tried very hard not to but they did. If one word in the Constitution had been different we could have maybe adverted the Civil War, the riots of the '60s and a whole slew of other problems.

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal" If Men had been changed to Humans that alone would have been a game changer.

It’s OK for people to have different values the problem arises when Society is shaped and molded by the values of the minority.

We have about the same percentage, about 30 million more people living in poverty than we did prior.

Divorced rates have more than doubled, out of wedlock births have increased about five fold, and nearly half the country dependent one way or another on a gov’t check.

Trillions of dollars for what?

LBJ’s War On Poverty did nothing but help to grease our country’s slide into Hell.

2 Likes

And then there was Trump. :wink:

consider yourself fortunate, I wished I had the opportunity to meet him as I think he passed on in 2012 or 2013?

Just think about how bad it’s going to get when all of those pensions come due. They won’t have the resources to pay it and that’s when things are going to get really ugly.

1 Like

What does Trump have to do with LBJ, or any other ( so called ) presidents/administrations? Other than being handed all the bags of shit other administrations produced. Trump is just a man; but I believe he is a good man. He’s trying to prevent the Goose That Laid The Golden Egg from being slaughtered.

2 Likes

That was the plan from the beginning. It was quite effective in increasing black dependency on government handouts. It created more ‘oppressed victims’ of a competitive society so that the Democrat Party could perpetually offer solutions to problems it never intended to resolve.

I see blacks among us being red pilled in increasing numbers. The more educated of them are realizing that the Democrats have screwed them since before Lincoln was our President.

1 Like