Illegal Immigration--It's About Power

It is not just about Power, in fact Tucker is making a hypothesis here and he is only half right when looking at the larger issue that most Americans are either being obtuse about or simply didn’t study this issue more carefully or intimately.

While he is right about Cesar Chavez, and also about illegals voting tendencies that skew to the left, what he fails to mention is why both parties have ignored and failed to address the problem, and that has been NAFTA.

Both members of America’s political class have enriched themselves due to illegal immigration and while having the exodus of American companies relocate to places like Mexico and other places, having a porous border in order for goods to freely come and go is what really mattered most, it was about the money.

Illegal immigration is a byproduct of a trade policy gone wrong while countries like China were paying lobbyists in Washington DC to ignore the issue altogether so they could take advantage of the loopholes that has allowed them to avoid paying tariffs, illegal immigration was always an issue that seemed to be simmering in the background to the American voter for many years. Remember the term “wetback”? To the the rich elite class they seem to have enjoyed the cheap labor of illegals of scrubbing their toilets and baby sitter live in maids for the children their too busy to raise themselves, thus are bitching that their breaking the law by entering the country illegally should be over looked for the sake of the children! Not to mention that California Democrats don’t like the idea of having to pay more for their recreational drugs, but that is an entirely different discussion.

Point is who is really to blame here is the COC Tom Donahue who promoted one of Washinton’s biggest lobbyists for the multinational companies on Wall street and thus this is not only about Power but more importantly its about money! Plain and Simple!

1 Like

The issue of abortion alone proves your opinion wrong.

Abortions per 1,000 Women ages 15-44.

Black non-Hispanic 27.1 per 1,000
Hispanic 18.1 per 1,000
White 10 per 1,000

Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identified as evangelical or Catholic.

According to Pew Research, 44% of Catholics lean towards the Democrats. 37% Republican. A large percentage of Hispanics are Catholic.

Point is, you like many others confuse the doctrine of the Church with the people that attend the services.

1 Like

You point to the obvious. Money = Power

Soros, the Rothschilds, the lobbyists, the rich countries…all use money or profitable returns to influence (exert) power to get whatever they want.

1 Like

And you’re not telling the entire story either, jobs were created , I agree with that, but they were mainly service and customer service jobs, and minimum wage jobs.

Yes there was a boost in construction thanks to Obama the great “American recovery and reinvestment act”
whoopee

But he added 8.6 trillion dollars to the debt , that is a 74% increase and the debt to GDP ratio to a staggering 104%

You forgot to mention that Pragmatic.

The example Asaratis posted showing the true unemployment makes sense to people who understand how unemployment numbers work.

I think Asaratis error is assuming everyone liberal and leftist understands this, when most not only does not understand it but they refuse to acknowledge it because its not taught in their marxist weekend courses

While some High tech jobs were created, the truth is a lot of laid off workers re entered the work field taking lower paying jobs that was created under Obama and of course inequality grew.

Why isnt Obama credited for the growing inequality because of his programs?

3 Likes

You also forgot part time vs. full time jobs. 3 temporary part time minimum wage jobs with no benefits are not equal to a single permanent full time job with good wages and benefits.

1 Like

that too :+1:, thanks for bringing that up .

You are also not telling the whole story…

Where are Trumps numbers sorted by types of jobs created? Are service jobs not being created during his presidency? If they are, what are the numbers compared to Obama?

Has Trump ran up debt? If so, what is his number vs Obama’s? Is he on pace to create more or less debt?

I understand very well how unemployment works. I also understand when comparing 2 presidents, it is best to use the same variables and see who comes out on top.

Since @asaratis hasn’t answered my question yet… there have been 94 consecutive months of positive job growth.

70 of those months (almost 6 years) happened under Obama. You can cry but but the labor participation rate… when millions of jobs have been created under both Trump and Obama.

Show me the numbers for both Trump and Obama for part time work? I can be convince that Obama created more low wage and/or part time jobs. But I need numbers

Don’t even need that. What were the requirements for employers having to provide insurance under Obamacare? Namely the hours worked requirement.

2 Likes

What? Don’t like that number or something? Gee, I wonder why. :roll_eyes:

ACA mandated larger companies to provide benefits to even part time workers. This part of the ACA didn’t affect full or part time workers negatively.

Also ACA mandates that companies with over 50 full time employees had to provide employee sponsored health insurance. This part did have an affect on small businesses. Businesses were incentivized to remain below 50 employees to avoid additional healthcare costs for their employees.

Nice couching.

“The Employer Mandate requires that companies with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees offer affordable, minimum value health insurance coverage to all full-time employees with 30 or more hours of service per week.”

Because as we all know, most of the part time jobs are to be found at the biggest companies. :laughing:

I can work 99 employees at 28 hours a week, not provide insurance, and still be in compliance with the law. (Since 2 part time employees would be equivalent to 1 full time employee.) Or if I really want to stretch it 199 at 14 hours a week. (Since now it takes 4 part time employees to be equivalent to 1 full time employee.) Given there are only 168 hours in a week and most people don’t even work half of those, I don’t really see a problem.

All true! Now do you have those numbers for full time vs part time jobs created during the last 94 months? Of the millions of jobs created in the last 8 years, how many were part time? I’d be interested to see if there is a shift from part time to full time in the last 2 years.

Oh my bad, here I thought you were here for discussion. Rather, just attempting to derail another thread.

ahhh the old change the subject when you cannot answer or accept an answer.
nicely done grasshopper, except you are not fooling anyone.

You to compare numbers from Trump to Obama, well under Trump more Mining and manufacturing jobs were created according the labour of bureau stats , jobs increased 28% compared to 23% that was lost under Obama for the last 16 months of his presidency

and under Obama jobs in the service industries, Motion picture industry and warehousing and storage grew faster under Obama

and Ive answered that already and so has Wiley

service and warehousing jobs compared to manufacturing and mining jobs, yes great comparison… NOT.

1 Like

Isn’t a discussion a 2 way street? I posed questions to better help us understand the difference between part time and full time work. These numbers could help your argument. Why wouldn’t you want post them?

WTF are you talking about? We all understand the difference between part time and full time work. Just fucking stop.

1 Like

The number of jobs created that were full time vs the number of jobs created that were part time between Obama and Trump. But you knew what I was talking about before that response, because I already asked the question.

But you aren’t going to answer it. Which is fine. But don’t ever pretend you are here to have a discussion.

Don’t ever pretend you’re not projecting. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If that’s not good enough maybe you’ll take the word of Harvard and Princeton. We know how your ilk loves studies.

2 Likes