How to take on Iran

Saddam was suckered by Kissinger and his policy lingers on.
American and Arab lives matter, don’t they?
Wake up

Remember the slant drilling under Iraq and their over production both of which violated OPEC rules… another set up.

No proof of that either…:wink:

April Glaspie
“We have no opinion on your Arab-Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait. Secretary Baker has directed me to emphasize the instruction, first given to Iraq in the 1960s, that the Kuwait issue is not associated with America.”

Saddam was suckered

1 Like

Who gives a damn what she said? She was’t the president and had no authority to speak for him on that point without expressly being told to do so.

Oh, how convenient.
I thought ambassadors represented the government

Never heard of US servicemen getting ill after returning?
You armchair patriots never care about them, do you?

They do. They can only however relay such a message if they are directed to by the POTUS.

It wasn’t her place to ad lib it.

Go screw yourself, I served over a decade and am a disabled vet.

The most measured response we could/should take would be to identify the source of any mines, missiles, or torpedoes and destroy the ports, ships, and launch facilities simply to say, “no more”.

Make a formal declaration that the US will protect the rights of all to freely navigate the waters of the region.

Protect every ship lawfully transiting the region and should any more be attacked immediately retaliate by destroying the plane, ship, shore positions etc attacking and expand it to their support structure.

With each successive attack take out more and more of the infrastructure and communications lines.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, step up to destroying their bigger ships, depots, oil infrastructure and offensive military capability.

If they want a war let them have it but make sure the world knows it was their choice.

In the head, I presume. No wonder you want more company

This gibberish makes absolutely no sense at all.

Glad you saw it.
I thought my post would be deleted before I get the honor of you actually seeing it

Of course she did. And of course Saddam was suckered into attacking Kuwait as pretext for the US to diminish his military strength. But as governor Bush later lamented, his father made a mistake by not going all the way to Baghdad and taking out Saddam Hussein…which he vowed to do should he become president and was presented with the opportunity.

1 Like

The US has NO constitutional mandate to protect the rights of all nations to sail the open seas. That is utter hogwash. And a position that the executive has taken upon itself…

As a Sovereign nation and sea faring nation according to the Law of Nations we are absolutely entitled to act as necessary to keep navigable waters open.

The first war we fought as a nation was directed by the founders themselves and it was over freedom of navigation in the Mediterranean and the Indian Ocean.

Some of you folks need a remedial lesson in history.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1801-1829/barbary-wars

2 Likes

Oh yeah, tell it to the folks on USS Liberty

More off topic trolling. Are you going for suicide by mod today?

Yes. The mighty British navy once fulfilled that role when she ruled the waves, but after WWII with the fall of their navy and the rise of the United States Navy that responsibility fell upon us.

Iran is guilty and needs to be punished. Anyone who defends Iran is just a shill for Islamo-Fascist terrorists

In all fairness most of NATO is stepping up in that regard but yah, we’re still carrying the bulk of the load.

The Indian Ocean war on piracy is actually a pretty impressive cooperative effort.

1 Like