How much of the bible is real history?

Gunung Padang may even be older than Gobekli Tepe. Though on opposite sides of the planet, a catastrophic flood echoes from both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunung_Padang_Megalithic_Site

If not for us Boomer’s you would still be living in Hungry with your dick in your hand guiding a horse drawn cart.

It was my generation that gave the World affordable computers, cell phones, the internet. We put a man on the Moon and from that a multitude of technology. I could go on with many more examples.

One thing my generation did not do well was raise children to be responsible adults. It was subsequent generations that came along and screwed it all up.

Of course they were Pagans. God wasn’t even born until about 6000 yeas ago. :wink:

You apparently aren’t looking very hard.

If you look to Genesis, God is not an individual, but rather a group of individuals. Man was created in “our image,” not “my” image.

So they travel in packs?

The lack of evidence is not proof of another theory, particularly when it that alternate theory has no evidence to support it.

Its possible … going from planet to planet doing their weird DNA experiments on the indigenous fauna. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve seen this place and some others from the same region in a couple of specials. The size and uniformity of the naturally formed basalt pillars is amazing.

It almost blows the mind to imagine them being moved without the aid of modern mechanical and hydraulic equipment.

There’s a “lost city” formed out of them in Indonesia as well.

In it’s day that would have been one heck of an imposing fortification.

https://oldunhappyfaroffthings.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/the-lost-city-of-nan-madol/

https://atlantisrisingmagazine.com/article/atlantis-of-the-pacific/

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/micronesia-a-visit-to-the-not-so-lost-city-of-nan-madol/Content?oid=2288946

According to what translation?

That’s a pretty piss poor attempt at an explanation. The handle has undergone partial coalification and petrification and the strata of limestone rock it was found in takes millions of years to form.

Oxidation would have ceased once it was fully encased and no longer exposed to either water or gaseous O2

This goes back to my original play on that quote - we’ve been forgetting our history.

The more I read and the more technology advances the more I believe mankind has started, been wiped out, and rebooted quite a few times due to volcanic activity, collisions with asteroids, famine, and disease.

Not so very long ago we thought the earliest evidence of man was about 100,000 years old and the oldest known civilizations were all less than 8,000 years old.

I wouldn’t label the Book of Enoch as pagan.

I think it is you that is missing the point! Language is outdated, regardless if you are believer or not. It is the reason why religion lost their standing as the center of society at the turn of the 19th century because it could not defend its arguments against science. "Modernism VS. Post Modernism, etc., etc., etc.!

Genesis 1:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Sounds like you are avoiding reading the Right Book by reading all the wrong ones.

Nope! Now it is you that is a disappointment! Thought you were smarter than to revert back to vehement dogma? You read my posts?

That is the only such reference in the Bible. Some people also get confused that we Christians read our new Testament and see one God as three distinct personages, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Remember:
In the beginning the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

We are finite beings trying to understand the ever-present creator of the universe. It is not surprising that he has used some varying metaphors to describe himself.

Even his name: “I Am.”