How much of the bible is real history?

Not on my devotional reading list.

Almost…

That explains it, the “Royal We”.

Funny.

Ever hear of the Great Awakenings?

All in which are human terms mind you!

Cliff notes version from an aging memory…

1 Like

What other terminology would be used since it was written for humans in the first century and prior to read and hopefully understand?

Your question is irrelevant and is in avoidance in acknowledging the facts. “Written for Humans by Humans” thus is subject to be questioned. This has nothing to do with one’s convictions to believe, but more to do with empirical hard evidence to prove something as being true in objective terms!

When I read a thread, I try to read all of it.

Same goes for the Bible. I read it, study it, and I reason it out for myself. I am, after all a first principles Physics type.

It is not Christians that are trying to shut down philosophical argument and discussion, but try being a devout Christian on a college campus since the 70’s and see who is stifling who.

By which author? There are many readings on “The Great Awakenings”! Can you be more specific?

The question is completely relevant which is why you are avoiding it.

The OT was written for ignorant goat herders and craftsman of the early bronze age. It had to be written in terminology they would understand.

The NT was written in the first three centuries AD and had to be written using terminology people of that era could understand.

What other terminology would be appropriate?

But isn’t that liken to living in your own echo chamber?

No, that would be the equivalent of stepping into the frying pan.

No I am not avoiding the question, you are avoiding and ignoring my point altogether, or maybe you simply are not comprehending what I am saying, therefore why should I be obligated to answer your question if you are going to ignore mine? Not very christian of you to do is it now!

Really? Who are you trying to convert? Certainly not non believers!

I am referring to the Great Awakenings as a phenomenon as opposed to some particular telling of it, in reply to your comment:

" It is the reason why religion lost their standing as the center of society at the turn of the 19th century because it could not defend its arguments against science."

As with Black Swan, I am not advocating any particular writing, one must read enough to educate one’s self.

Whoosh!!!

Thanks for truncating my post and by such seemingly missing the point entirely.

Ok. Then is religion the center of society today despite the various revivals that are happening today and yesterday?

Have you read the any of the Philosophers who set forth the notion of questioning Origin of knowledge? You know the ones who pretty much defeated Epistemology and the notion that knowledge had an origin?

It would be nice if you quote my words to know specifically what you are talking about. "Living on a Christian Campus in the 70’s? Yeah? How about further explaining it then being ambiguous with your posts?

Sure, University was filled with that shit. Those are mostly twisted little men considering their own navel lint.

Which is a better source, twisted little European “philosophers”, or the men that walked the earth with the Son of God for three years?