How about a 12 GA Double Barrel Pistol....?

1 Like

Recoil wise, this would probably work well with a 12 ga mini shot shell like I use in my Mossberg Shockwave.

I’m trying to figure out how this is legal but a sawed off shotgun is not.

1 Like

I agree. A friend of mine just bought a Mossberg Shockwave. Its very comfortable to shoot with the mini shells. And given the energy from those shorties, the Diablo would be a very formidable short range defense weapon.

Its a pistol, not a sawed off shotgun. The ATF classifies it as a “firearm.”

1 Like

So if I saw the stock and the barrel from a shotgun, I’d have a pistol?

No. Then you have a sawed off shotgun, which is illegal. It is not illegal to manufacture a pistol that fires shotgun shells.

I didn’t say that it has to make sense.

1 Like

How the Diablo, and the Mossberg Shockwave get around not being classified a “sawed off shotgun” is that they were never designed to have a shoulder stock. ATF classifies them as a “firearm”.
Federally you’re golden but they may run afoul of state and locak gun laws.

1 Like

There is also a school of thought (among the conspiracy minded) that allowing them is a set up … like with the bump stocks. Approve them now, then change their minds and confiscate them later.

1 Like

First thing one learns when dealing with any bureaucracy, policy is not logical.

:wink:

That double looks like a Howdah Pistol.

Should be standard equipment on all vehicles

This little Bond Arms Snake Slayer is a double barrel, over/under derringer and will shoot both .45cal long Colt or 2Âľ" 410 gauge shotgun shells. I keep it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense shells having two .35 cal round balls and a .41 cal slug inside. I use the same shells in my Taurus The Judge 5 shot revolver.

Bond makes quite a few rather “odd ducks” but they are very good quality firearms.

Same with the Remington 870 Marine Magnum Tactical that I purchased yesterday.

It’s a fully nickle plated weapon (even the inside of the barrel) and is essentially a Remington 870 12ga pump with a really short stock.

Here’s an image of the notice that came with it.

I’m guessing it has a full, legal length barrel.

Pistol gripped shotguns are fine and legal. If you however cut it shorter than 18 1/4" (if I remember right) makes it an illegal sawed off shotgun irrespective of the stock length.

This weapon is not classified as a shotgun. It is not classified as a pistol grip shotgun. It is not classified as a sawed off shotgun. It is not classified as a shotgun…PERIOD.

It is a firearm.

The barrel length is 14".

Ok then. If it were 18 1/4" then they’d classify it as a shotgun with or without the pistol grip stock.

It’s when you cut one off that it becomes illegal.

Manufacturing a short barrel shotgun would make more sense.