Hong Kong dissidents hoping to take protests to mainland China

Perception of China Worsens Among Americans

1 Like

Communist China’s "Annexation " of Hong Kong is coming,

What do you mean? It’s already part of China, the only difference is they allowed for autonomous Government to continue after 1997 when it was officially handed over to China!

Annexation would be complete with a military occupation and installing a COMMUNIST government. It will become the People’s "Democratic Republic " of Hong Kong.

No not the same! Hong Kong is already part of China! I am here right now, and have lived in Asia for almost 15 years including China!

1 Like

Come on dude. It has been a part of China for many many centuries with a 156 year hiatus that ended over 20 years ago.

Er, I see it as police attacking protesters? But either way, it’s a ‘little local difficulty’ at the moment, so how about they’re given the time to sort it out between themselves, and just mind our own business in the meantime? We have enough problems of our own? More than enough!

Yeah go look in the other thread of the live stream where I posted footage of the police here in HK

As the US would warn China if the shoe was on the other foot? This is China’s predicament so let them sort it.

Not even possible. The only similar situation we could have is if one of our possessions or protectorates wanted to leave and we’d let them. We would not try and keep them by force.

Proxy position! That all it is and I am pretty sure the world is perfectly content to sit on the sidelines and watch China’s true colors be revealed as this saga continues to unfold!. There is something to said for being in the middle of chaos and only hearing quiet meditations!

Scene just out side my office, as life is oblivious to some and normal shoppers returning to HK.

The streets are normally jam packed, and now look at them? This is how bad the riots have affected business!

In self defense we call that “normalcy bias”. People want to believe things are normal until they can no longer deny it.

No, you would try and keep them by force, you’d do it with bribery, and behind the scenes deals with the leaders. I wonder if you’d be so magnanimous about South Korea, or any other countries where there are US military bases?

Well they sure have disrupted the airport(s)? And what about all the streets in HK do don’t show pictures of? So let’s not get involved unless we have to.

SK is an independent nation, not a US protectorate or Possession.

The closest thing we have similar to HK would be PR and anytime they want to become fully independent they are welcome to do so. They are nothing but a burden on the US taxpayer to begin with.

Here is the same street taken from my office looking down from above, which is normal traffic here in Tsim Sha Suai on normal days!

Well that’s funny. Anytime you have masses of people who gather in protest, police are going to be present in number to maintain order. If people start damaging property, throwing things at police or others, begin occupying spaces that compromise the movement of business and commerce, etc., the police are going to respond.

To the rest of your comment, I agree whole heartedly, and would not be surprised at all if there is merit to China’s claims that the US/UK have a hand in the events.

Again, I’m of that mind and need no convincing…:man_shrugging:

Of course we would…