Healthcare: a "human" right?

I understand full well that none of those are affordable, and are not “rights”. But feel free to flee to Canada and Europe where those are recognized “rights”. The best part is, you can pay for it over there as well, to your heart content.

I understand your version, but there is no absolute guarantee that the Constitution assures all natural rights as outlined in the Declaration.

But is does so happen that nature and our shared national compact agree on self defense.

We know that were are quite close on this point.

People have the right to buy those things for themselves. Or to ask others for their voluntary charity.

But not even having food given you just because you’re here is a right.

I think you’re over analyzing. Look at it simplistically.

Are you buying?

1 Like

As an American, I agree to hold to the Constitution.

I have unalienable natural rights. There are rights not enumerated in the Constitution that I hold.

We agree, that is sufficient for free men.

I see the 2nd Amendment as merely an extension of the natural right of self defense.

I believe the founders did as well which is why they codified it in the 2nd.

The right without the means would just be philosophical sophistry.

I would add that they grounded it in the need of a severely limited Government that would need an armed populace to repel/prevent aggressive military problems.

1 Like

Where did I say that I ever supported Sharpton?

Nice to see the flaggers are once again out on my posts.

This forum has a lot of posters that seem to talk tough about free speech but sure do spend a lot of time flagging it. Fucking hypocrites.

I know nothing about flaggers, who they are, or what they hope to achieve. It appears that you can still read flagged posts anyhow.

Still waiting to hear about what racist crimes Trump’s father committed.

Sure you dont, you call me a racist fuck i can sure as hell call you a liar.

Yes… we have the right to acquire these things. (Not sure what “environmental justice” even is, however. ) But that does not make them entitlements to be provided by some huge government.

1 Like

He is a businessman , unlike all dems who never signed the front of a check , and Trump used the laws available to him . Now the Clinton’s managed to break every law and rip off 100 million from the Clinton fraud foundation !

Tell that to ALL gun owners !!! :roll_eyes:

No wonder you thought process is so F-ED UP you have been reading news by CNN ! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What action does my right to own a gun require from you or anyone else?

1 Like

Perhaps you are the one doing precisely that. (It is officially known as confirmation bias.)

Okay.

For the sake of discussion, let us say that you are correct.

And not just partially correct, but entirely correct.

That still does not answer the question posed in the OP, viz.: Does a “human right” actually trump a constitutional right?

I am hoping that you will take this on, directly…

I would compose a reply but all that will happen is the butt hurt wah wah posters will run to flag it.

I want as many people to get proper health care as possible, preferably through private means. I think that the burden of affordability should not be put on the government, but on insurance companies, thus, I agree with the proposal that insurance should be more competitive, and across state lines.Public healthcare should be an option for those who simply cannot afford private insurance, but it should remain a choice and not the primary means of paying for healthcare. But by all means, don’t eliminate private healthcare.

I’ve seen what it has done to Great Britain. Waiting times are longer, hospitals are unsafe, the government has a say in whether you live or die, and they don’t even know you (well they do, but it’s only through your taxes and criminal record).