GOP Give Chuck & Nancy Hell for Lying, Refusing New Deal

No. That doesn’t mean I accept the results of all Fox polls. It depends on what the question was, how the poll was conducted and who/how many participated.

I don’t put much trust in online polls conducted by anybody, regardless of the question.

Rasmussen polls are generally high on the trust scale for me, but not always

1 Like

You can find links to reports by the DEA, CBP and other institutions on this page.
Here’s a quote from a report from the DEA
National Drug Threat Assessment Summary, October 2015: Mexican TCOs transport the bulk of their drugs over the Southwest Border through ports of entry (POEs) using passenger vehicles or tractor trailers.

I’ll ask again. Can you provide a link to any study that states that supports your concept that a wall will have an impact on drug smuggling?

Do you have any data that suggests most Americans support Trumps wall, or is that just an opinion?

Let ask this. When a person gets deported…how do they get back in?

Air?
Port of entry?

Or they sneak across?

1 Like

They usually sneak across, but at a site where a wall already exists. Most are not trekking through the desert or over the mountains.

Do you have a source for this?

2 Likes

Almost everything I say here is my opinion. My opinion regarding polls, specifically the border wall polls…is expressed quite well in this linked article. If you don’t read the entire article, please do not bother replying to me.

I differentiate between wanting a border wall and favoring a compromise to end the temporary shut down we are experiencing. Some people want the wall but don’t mind waiting a while longer to get it.

This article explains well how the results of a poll are often far from the truth of the stated poll title.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/350217-americans-support-a-border-wall-more-than-the-media-wants-to-believe

1 Like

Google “drug smuggling arrests at border”

Are you saying if there is a wall and only points of entry that there will be no impact on drug smuggling?

You did not address human trafficking, coyotes and the crimes committed by those traveling to the United States. How about the bodies found of those that died along the way.

What about the citizens of this country who are being affected by criminal illegals? What about our ER rooms and our schools.

Do you think that securing our border would be good or bad for Americans?

again, nothing of substance was offered.

The only equitable deal would have been $25billion in one lump some for DACA. That wasn’t the deal. The deal was they would get some portion of an eventual $25billion total in yearly installments - subject to funding by the then sitting congress.

Essentially a non-starter.

2 Likes

And so it begins……………….

Yup…:rofl:

Well since illegal crossings are down by 90-95% where we have effective physical barriers we know this to not be true.

4 Likes

If the mules cannot get across they will not be muling drugs, money, and guns across the border.

The president of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) vigorously defended President Donald Trump’s assertion that the border wall would reduce illegal crossings by 99 percent. His testimony during a hearing of the House Homeland Security Committee followed that of the acting Border Patrol deputy commissioner who danced around the issue when challenged by a California congressman.

During President Trump’s visit to the border on March 13 where he viewed the border wall prototypes, the President said, “We have a lousy wall over here now, but at least it stops 90, 95 percent. When we put up the real wall, we’re going to stop 99 percent. Maybe more than that.”

U.S. Representative Nanette Barragan (D-CA) challenged the president’s assertion during the Homeland Security Committee’s Border and Maritime Security Subcommittee hearing on March 15.

This would also free up immense resources to then be concentrated on the smuggling at the legal ports of entry both by land and sea.

It’s much easier to interdict cars, trucks, boats and planes than it is tens of thousands individuals scattering across the border like rats in the night fanning out in every conceivable direction once they cross.

The ground sensors that are part of the high tech electronics package can also detect any tunneling attempts along the wall.

2 Likes

Personally I’ll trust the opinions of the guys and gals doing the actual interdiction work vs any “study” from a leftwing source.

As for the drug seizures by the BP.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/329228/drug-seizures-by-the-us-border-patrol/

2 Likes

Ds are never going to cave, this whole thing has been a waste of time and the outcome is very predictable.

All spending bills must originate in the House. Nancy Pelosi now controls the purse strings.

It’s going to be a long two years.

1 Like

…………………………….:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Actually it’s all about obstruction !

1 Like

Why do these same nitwits live in gated communities and have fences and walls around THEIR HOMES ???

3 Likes

The D may well refuse to negotiate.

They are NOT holding all the cards.

:children_crossing:

1 Like