Former Obama officials tell Iran to ‘hang on’ until 2020 when Trump loses

Obama’s Iran agreement was incredibly one sided from the perspective it gave the Iranians everything they wanted in return for virtually nothing from them. Just to make sure the Iranians were properly appeased a secret codicil was added giving them even more concessions. Obama recognized how horrible the deal was so he insisted it wasn’t a treaty requiring Senate confirmation.

As a show of contempt for Groveler in chief Obama the Iranians refused to sign the agreement. But hey, the Russians and Chinese are always willing to go along with humiliating the US particularly when it’s self imposed by Obama’s disasterous foreign policy.

BTW Obama’s pathetic self abasement before the Iranian theocracy was likely a contributing factor to their conclusion the US “could do nothing” in response to their assault on the US embassy in Bagdad.

Of course it was one sided. We got absolutely nothing out of the deal and they got 170bn dollars, relief from sanctions, and a greenlight to go on with their missile development.

No, we got a lock on their nuclear program for ten years. Trump blew that all to hell. They returned to the process as soon as this fucking moron tore up the US agreement with them. Rand Paul said it best.

Big deal, we couldn’t even verify they had cased work on their nuclear program and under the agreement they got a free pass to keep developing the delivery systems.

Well that’s a big maybe…

Iranian rhetoric has been just like that since 1979. I’ve been listening to their heavy drama, way over the top bs for 40 years.

Obama empowered them by caving on the nuke deal and withdrawal and refusal for years to redeploy to fight ISIS.

Democrats have further done so with all of the Russian Conspiracy and Impeachment BS.

A divided America is a prime target.

Ira will unfortunately now learn Trump is not Obama nor has he been neutered by Pelousi and Schumer.

BS, I’ll remind you that France, the UK, Germany, Russia and China all are supporters and signatories to the JCPOA.

Cowards who are held hostage by Putin and Iran over their oil supplies and who make billions trading with Iran.

You do recall that 40 years ago the Iranians stormed our embassy taking 52 American hostages? Sure you do.

What happened recently at the US embassy in Bagdad? Iranian backed terrorists attempted to storm the embassy with the Iraqi so-called security forces standing down to let them in the outer perimeter.

You do recall President Carter launched a military strike to recover the hostages, don’t you? Of course the bad Orange man couldn’t strike the Iranian architect of future raids on the US embassy. :wink:

I’ll remind you that the Iranians refused to sign the so-called agreement even though it was heavily loaded in their favor.

But if the Russians and Chinese supported the agreement with the Iranian theocracy, then it was wise for the peace prize winning Obama to sign. :smile:

…and our President just asked (minutes ago on TV from the White House) that all those countries that have not yet denounced and removed themselves from the JCPOA do so.

Yes, quite well, I was plenty old enough for that. I remember that they were fed up with the Shah that had been installed by the US/UK after they destroyed the Iranian democracy. Iranians may not have wanted the system they ended up with either, but this is ALL a direct result of US interference in the affairs of other nations, the consequences of which can never be fully anticipated. So go right ahead, ignore US culpability and blame everything on Iran, and we’ll continue the insanity of foreign interference and paying the piper with the consequences thereof.

At any rate, I am most seriously relieved by Trump standing down this morning and assuring the world that there will not be a US military response to the Iranian missile attack last night. :+1:

I don’t know what the NPP has to do with anything, but you should know that I didn’t agree with it.

I do recall that Carter gave the green light. And believe that if their release by negotiations wasn’t possible, that a rescue was prudent. Is it your suggestion that Carter provoked the Iranian student siege of our embassy?

Oh ok, so you are justifying the Iranian thugs storming our embassy in 1979 and a few weeks ago. It’s open season on our diplomats, how wonderful. :roll_eyes:

I believe there is no justification for invading embassies and taking hostages. Any country can sever diplomatic relations requiring embassy personnel to leave.

The Iranian revolution wasn’t some organic student uprising. It was a militant theocracy seizing power and repressing human rights.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote again, because I justified nothing. I pointed out reality. There are consequences to a meddling foreign policy. If you’re ok with that, then continue on. But dont harm people and then complain when they harm you back.

Students, supported by very large angry crowds of Iranian civilians stormed the embassy. This is what happens when you so frustrate a people that have no defenses against a bullying and interfering superpower like America. The US destroyed the Iranian democracy and this is what I’m talking about with consequences. Why don’t you spend as much effort holding Trump’s feet to the fire on a key campaign promise of his, rather than excusing and defending him, and his predecessors that have advanced our interfering foreign policy.

For example, do you even know why the UK/US toppled the democratically elected Iranian government? If you do, then you know that it had nothing to do with US national security or the interests of the average American.

You claim to not justify the Iranian thuggery then proceed to formulate a “reality” where meddling leads inevitably to righteous mob vengeance. It’s classic blaming the US for the barbarism of the Iranian theocracy. :roll_eyes: