Dark Theme or Light Theme?

I’ll put a theme like this together. It might look a little nuts with different avatar colors, but I will try.

Hey you never know what works if you don’t experiment!

1 Like

I think light / bright screen consumes more power, yes. Takes a little bit more energy to light up those pixels than it is to keep them off/black/lighter colors. Phones and other electronic devices use the same trick to conserve batteries, but I think with laptop, you dont need to concern much bc, well, mine is always plugged in regardless. Lithium ions batteries usually lose their charges significantly around 3-5 years on average.

Im more concerned about the brightness effect on your eyes and circadian rhythm. Staring at bright electronics long term would cause some low-level damage / wear on your eyes, and blue lights also interfere with your tryptophan production, affecting / delaying sleeps. So dark theme for me all the way.

@Patriot Im a materials engineer, had some courses in EE and its not for me lol.

3 Likes

This /pol/ theme is looking so good.

2 Likes

Concur with this.

I leave that night light feature on my phone 24/7.

1 Like

Glad you like it. Took me under 15 mins. I just played with the colors. The exact /pol/ colors were a little too harsh so I softened them up, slightly.

3 Likes

Concur here. However, when I take my laptop to “the throne room” to keep from missing out on the red hot skinny, I often forget to plug it back to the power cord when returning to my command center. The battery gets really low before I’m warned by a dimming screen and a notification.

Generally, I’m plugged in all the time.

>Be me
>See this thread
>Realize I found my new home
>YangGang approved theme is life
>Collect $1000 neet bux and chill

That’s how I discovered that orange marmalade and peanut butter is a horrible combination.

2 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t sound to appealing! Although, Orange Marmalade I do miss, haven’t had that in a long time, same with circus peanuts! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

God damnit the Yang shill figured it out before me! Come on. How the f do u greentext!

You can always keep up with the news on your new “very mobile” computers aka smartphones and tablets. At least, they dont go out too fast on a charge vs a laptop, when it has to power all those adwares and rouge bitcoins miners you dont know you have.

1 Like

I am glad I am not one of those! You pretty much give up your situational awareness in exchange for a smartphone!

I got you…learn to BBcode.

[color=#819F2D]>Be me[/color]

1 Like

Put “&-g-t-;” infront of your texts. Remove those “-”

>test

2 Likes

ab8

1 Like
3 Likes

More often than not, when I leave home, I leave my phone at home. I don’t want people to know where I am.

I’ll have to sign off for a while. The Political Bullpen algorithm is trying to censor me.

2 Likes

I thought you were talking about your home’s porcelain throne.

I was…:rofl: …earlier.