Dark Theme or Light Theme?

The reason I asked was because if I remember correctly the blackle advantage of the dark screen was lower power consumption, a good thing if one was on a portable power source.

1 Like

This isnā€™t a website, itā€™s a JavaScript application that runs in your browser. Research which browsers render JavaScript the fastest with the lowest power consumption, then factor in the impact on your processor and memory.

1 Like

Try the summer theme for now - Iā€™ll get it as close to /pol/ as I can.

Would that also address power consumption related to the screen display brightness?

Out of all those themes, I still prefer Dark. However, I intend to play with them all for a whileā€¦later.

1 Like

Check /pol/ in themes now. Itā€™s really close.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good question. I donā€™t think it should - not with an LED anyway. Itā€™s not like the old CRT monitors where certain colors would make that familiar ā€œbuzzā€ sound.

Would you agree that it takes more power to maintain a white screen with dark text than it does to maintain a dark screen with white text?

The area of the background certainly exceeds the area of the text.

Now give us greentext @Patriot /pol/ is a shithole now but muh nostalgia.

In theory, yes. I think @supperhey is our resident electrical engineer. He would be the expert.

Want green text? Donate some green dollars.

3 Likes

I am an EE alsoā€¦MSEE from GTā€¦1969.

1 Like

Me too! Its much easier to see!

1 Like

>Green text until your heart is content.
>You can even use the green text symbol without boxing the text.

1 Like

Dudeā€¦come on. How are you doing this.

If the cost of ink wasnā€™t a factor, Iā€™d like to see books printed on white paper with white (no ink) letters and black (all ink) backgroundā€¦like the ā€œbluelineā€ blueprints.

3 Likes

You permanently caught my typo. Thanks. :wink:

So - before I solve the problem for you think about what you can do here. Figure it out. The options are limitless.

I like this scheme! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

What the hell is that 2nd one? Spaceship? Oil rig?