Climate change strikes again

John Prine has been a favorite of mine for decades.

I used to sing Hello In There, Sam Stone and Unwed Fathers in coffee houses on weekends. I do Sam Stone in 3/4 time.

I’ve seen him twice in concert. Will see him again, if one of us doesn’t die beforehand.

Angel From Montgomery with Prine and Harris is one of my favorites.

Not that big of a deal. My dad and two friends got buried in a blizzard in SW Colorado in July back around 74.

I will say though barring about 2 weeks of “normal” temps in March this has been a ridiculously cool spring.

Coke is a special processed and purified form of coal, there are many more coal plants than coke plants.

Not coke plants, COAL plants. Specifically coal fired power plants

1 Like

Heh … many, many years ago an article was published about how heavy are fantasy giants. Double the size keeping the proportions weight increases eightfold. Half the height with consistent proportions results in 1/8 the weight.

So half the weight would be something like 79.3% of the size.

1 Like

“Emerging” from what exactly?

Maoism?

Parts of the Left wants to bring some of that here.

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Thank God I just bought a house with a pool. I can stay in my own yard and avoid that. :smiley:

I recall high school physics where we learned that a bone’s cross sectional area determined its strength. So the bone strength went up with the square. But the weight that it had to bear went up with 3rd power. So… the proportional man could only grow till his bones broke.

Density plays a huge factor as well. Take a look at the arboreal apes, chimps, and monkeys for example on one end and birds on the other.

That sounds about right. Liberal logic is really quite bizarre.

2 Likes

Hard times produce strong people.

Strong people through their labors may produce good times.

Good times produce entitled, Left wing losers.

Entitled Left wing losers produce hard times.

3 Likes

Indeed. The more time people have on their hands the more discontented they are with their surroundings and situation in life.

I think Jussie Smolett sums it up: for many things are so good in this country that they either feel guilty over it or want to fake something bad.

1 Like

" WON’T SOMEONE PLEASE PUNCH ME, CALL ME NAMES, AND PUT MY HEAD IN A NOOSE! DO I HAVE TO DO THIS MYSELF?"

for those who may think that liberalism is NOT a mental illness.

2 Likes

And he’s become a cult hero to the left as a result.

1 Like

Many many dead zones on the planet. Areas that cannot recover quickly. Gotta be a limit to how much our planet can digest. Old adage ( that mankind seems to ignore ): Ya don’t shit where ya eat. The good news is, once humaity is erased from the planet, the Earth will begin to regroup; and in a few million years, a drop in the bucket in geologic time, the Earth will be all sparkly once again. So there’s that.