Brexit Betrayal

Yikes - when do you guys riot?

1 Like

Parliament passed a bill that requires Boris to ask for extension, but it doesnā€™t explicitly require him to extend beyond October 31st - so heā€™s just using a legal loophole in the bill to leave without a deal while still retroactively obeying the law.

And what good would that do???

Unfortunately that is not true, but there are other flaws in the act. Remember, one of Borisā€™ ways is to create chaos and confusion. I suspect those Scottish court papers are to do exactly that. He has the veneer of being an incompetent, bumbling idiot, but underneath he is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

ā€œIf MPs havenā€™t approved a deal in a meaningful vote, or approved leaving the EU without a deal by 19 October, then the prime minister must send a letter (specifically worded in the Act) to the president of the European Council which seeks an extension to Article 50 until 31 January 2020. If the EU agrees to the date, then the prime minister should also agree.ā€

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/benn-act

I am drawn to the words ā€œshould also agree.ā€ It doesnā€™t say ā€œmust.ā€ Hmm.

I sincerely hope Iā€™m right when I say that Boris will run rings around them. I mean heā€™s already circumvented the Surrender Bill by agreeing to write the ā€˜letterā€™ (who the fuck writes letters these days? :roll_eyes: lol), and then writing another one the next day to withdraw what he said. Result - no law broken, although donā€™t ask me to comment on the misuse of the Legislature to draw up and implement a law which applies to only one individual.

1 Like

I rest my case, mā€™Lud. There was probably a Youtube vid that only had the song, so you neednā€™t have sat thru the 55 minutes?

[quote=ā€œasaratis, post:1639, topic:337, full:trueā€]

Youā€™re showing entirely too much interest it the implied subject of her quest for knowledge.

[quote=ā€œcerberus, post:1625, topic:337ā€]

Hmm, you have a point - maybe Iā€™m subconsciously struggling to come out of the closet? :scream:

Boris could also be looking at another tactic to default to leaving with the no deal option on 31st

1 Like

And it only takes one?

Yes, just one, but I wouldnā€™t bank on that, no matter how well meaning. The EU has ways to make member states toe the line.

Something for the near future.

Too much information.

Fair point . . . especially if the recalcitrant member country is a net beneficiary of ECB funding, as Iā€™d guess Hungary is.

Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m as alpha-male as itā€™s possible to be. :sunglasses:

My Extreme masculinity intimidates people

Some people like to hear what Paul McCartney has to say. Fortunately, there are billions of people that donā€™t think the same as you.

1 Like

Alright then, waste hours of your life watching vids if you want to - I donā€™t care. Iā€™d question whether ā€˜billions of peopleā€™ would GAF what a has-been pop singer would opine though - but hey, ā€˜It takes all sortsā€™, as they say?

To the EU: do not grant the extension or elseā€¦
Boris will veto the EUā€™s 7 year budget and send Nigel as EU commissioner. :joy::joy::joy:

What a dream team that would be - Boris and Nige? Brex-it, Brex-it, ra-ra-ra! Gawd Iā€™d just LOVE to see all the Commons traitors slink away after being rejected by their constituents. Then theyā€™d have to work for a living, rather than be parasitic on us?

Maybe Facebook will hire them? After all they already have Nick Clegg. Lol, we send our vermin over to the Yanks! I may be waaay premature but there could even be a sniff of the BBC becoming less biased? QT finally had balance of Brexiteers and Remoaners.

You mean that for all the years the BBC has been telling anyone whoā€™ll believe it that ā€˜the QT audience is randomly selected from all walks of lifeā€™ hasnā€™t been true? Well whaddya know??!!