Brexit Betrayal

It wasn’t her seeking an award, it was a pretty naked bribe designed to appeal to the greed for power by key Brexiteers.

I’m still of the opinion that we’ll see a long extension and 2nd referendum, and while May hasn’t impressed she has always been in an impossible situation.

I can’t think of any leading Brexiteers who have done anything other than damage themselves in the past two years either, mind. Many have shown a tendency to put their self interest far above their supposed cause.

1 Like

I believe that she already qualifies. It is my understanding that by making it to Prime Minister she has secured personal body-guard protection for her and her husband (maybe also any of her children) for the rest of her life. Also she gets a PM’s pension which is probably the whole protection package.

I believe the USA does a similar thing.

Now you know why Jeremy Corbyn is trying so hard.

1 Like

The media are milking yesterday for all it is worth. Go on lads, keep it up. It’s working.

1 Like

You probly missed this…

The motion asked MPs to vote for the option of revoking Article 50 if the only alternative was leaving without a deal. MPs voted by a substantial margin against the option of revoking. Put another way, MPs have now indicated to the Government that they are willing to accept No Deal in preference to revoking Article 50.

Theresa May has the indication she needed from MPs that they will not oppose leaving without a deal if the alternative is cancelling Brexit.

1 Like

This is good, but presumes that Bercowitz, Letwin, Raab etc aren’t pulling some other con. May is a lame duck, with a cushy job in Brussels lined up. Brussels rules now.

Yes but her remit from TPTB was to leave without a deal and she is trying very hard to do that.
‘‘The current trajectory is a hard no-deal Brexit’’

If it was the plan why didn’t she just repeal the european communities act 1972 immediately after referendum? This would have paved the way to put power in our hands to call the shots. I believe Gerard Batten offered to meet with May to tell her how it should be done.

UKIP-EU-Exit-Plan-Amended-26.07-1.pdf (868.7 KB)

She needs to be able to say she/we did our best but the EUi thwarted our plans meaning we had no choice but to leave with no deal.
She can then claim plausible deniability and EU gets the blame. It also defuses the Remoaners arguments.

I believe these will be the only options left next week meaning we leave with no deal

Man you have a weird view of May if you think she’s in favor of no deal.

When did I say she was in favour?
May is only doing what she is told She hasn’t been in charge since she lost her majority.
The only reason she is still there is bc no-one else wants her job until after we have left
The Tories know that if we don’t leave, they will be kicked out - But they can’t openly campaign for leave so they are playing the honest broker and working behind the scenes.
Why do you think she has tried to get her stupid deal through three times and maybe 4 soon - May is not stupid. she has been told to run the clock down until a no deal Brexit is unavoidable.

1 Like

Nothing stands between Britons and freedom but the political class on either side of the English Channel.

Will the ruling class win?

1 Like

Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay had this to say:

“This is the second time the House has considered a wide variety of options for a way forward, it has once again failed to find clear majority for any of the options. And yet the result of the House’s decision on Friday not to endorse the Withdrawal Agreement means that the default legal position is that the UK will leave the EU in just 11 days’ time.

1 Like

''which reveals that the UK’s track record inside the Customs Union has been “uniquely poor, by every reasonable measure or comparison”. He paints a picture of “a failed trading relationship” which has delivered “no commercial benefit to the UK’s fastest-growing manufacturing sectors (pharmaceuticals and aerospace)” while leaving all the UK’s other major goods-export sectors “in a state of either stagnant growth, huge deficits, or both”

1 Like

How is everyone feeling in the Britbong land? Only 10 days to go until you are free at last!

1 Like

Not sure I follow the logic and certainly don’t agree with this but gonna post anyway

And I have always had my doubts abt Boris since I found out he was a Zionist.

I didn’t notice him in The Matrix

Pretty much sums it up!

In 2018, Westminster for the first time broke the convention to seek the consent of devolved legislatures before legislating on devolved matters by passing the EU Withdrawal Act, after the Scottish Government refused to give consent. In addition, the Government’s confidence and supply agreement with Northern Ireland’s DUP has amplified their views on Brexit in the absence of a Northern Ireland Assembly.

Brexit’s fiercest clash, however, has been fought between the Government and Parliament. The Government has used Article 50’s two-year window to pressure Parliament into ratifying the Withdrawal Agreement or risk no deal, rather than seek a consensus befitting its minority status.

In response, Parliament – often aided by the Speaker – has fought to assert its will over the Government in a battle marked by escalation: from acquiring a meaningful vote to control of parliamentary time itself. Past impasses between the Government and Parliament precipitated general elections, yet the Fixed-Term Parliaments Act may mean the Government has neither the majority to deliver its main policy agenda nor to call elections.

Brexit was notionally about control. Yet government in the UK has rarely appeared so indecisive or incapable of rising to the challenges Brexit poses. As such, it remains to be seen whether the convulsions brought about by Brexit are temporary and will dissipate once the UK leaves, or the beginning of a long-term change to how the UK is governed.

1 Like

Thought you might enjoy this:
Image-11

unnamed

1 Like