Brexit Betrayal

IMO today is crunch day in the commons.
The order of business includes (indicative votes)…
Revoke article 50
vote on bringing back Mays deal for 3rd time(I didn’t think this had happened yet)
Take No deal off table
Leave without a deal on 12th April
Remove backstop from Mays deal

Be interesting to see which ones Bercow picks.
Even more interesting - May meets the 22 at 5pm

Oh and article 50 extension may not even be legal???
Theresa May could also find herself challenged by those backbenchers from the ERG who wrote to her yesterday suggesting that her attempt to gain approval for the Article 50 extension after the event has “called into question the lawfulness of its actions”.

1 Like

I think we should delay til April 23rd btw LOL

2 Likes

Even in the US, we (in my generation, anyhow) were taught about that. But haven’t heard the terms for awhile.

I’m trying to think of the name of the main players. Hmmm… Cromwell?

Let me check.

OMG… I was right! Oliver Cromwell… chief round head.

%24

%24%20(1)

1 Like

LONDON — Theresa May has said that she will resign as party leader and prime minister once Britain has left the EU.

The prime minister told a meeting of the 1922 Committee of Conservative MPs on Wednesday that she would not lead the next stage of negotiations on Britain’s future relationship with the EU.

“I am prepared to leave this job earlier than I intended in order to secure a smooth and orderly Brexit,” she told her MPs.

1 Like

April-The-First-001

roflmao2

3 Likes

Does April 1 mean there what it means in the US?

Just until noon on that particular day. Although looking at our parliament it seems every day is April 1st.

2 Likes

That bought the support of Boris Johnson and some others who previously said they were dead-set against Mays deal.

Slimy fucker couldn’t be any more transparent.

1 Like

I don’t care how many times you post this thing in your own threads, but doing it in everyone else’s puts you in jittsy territory. That’s an annoying habit.

2 Likes

I don’t follow British politics much, but it sure looks to me like the powers that be are stringing this along, keeping “remain” an option until they have no choice but to tell you people “sorry, but we need to have another referendum” and then pull Brexit away. They’re not going to honor the Brexit vote and they’re just pretending like they feel an obligation to do it.

In a desperate bid to save her Withdrawal Agreement, Prime Minister Theresa May met her parliamentary party Wednesday and, in exchange for their support, promised to resign. The idea would be to allow new leadership to take charge of the trade deal portion of Britain’s two-step exit from the EU.

Mrs. May’s sacrifice of power for her preferred deal gathered strength, in a relative way, when, during “indicative votes” in the Commons later that day, none of the alternatives gained a majority.

No. 10 interprets this as a sign that the continuing stalemate may work to the Government’s benefit. Rumors circulate that Mrs. May’s personal agreement with her party has had the contrary effect, souring opposition MPs who had been prepared to vote in favor to get Brexit behind them. (Why discussions among members of the governing party are now deemed “extra-parliamentary” is bewildering.)

Meanwhile, other MPs, are seeing the EU extension as an opportunity to bargain for better terms. They had previously voted for Mrs. May’s deal and are said to be rethinking their voting strategy.

You and your Hasbara mates could easliy fix this problem(you have), but you won’t even if you knew how to.

I believe so…

1 Like

…and parliament rejects yet another attempt to paper-over the cracks !

Snap election???-Pleaaaaaassssee

What’s interesting is that you even think that this “hasbara” you keep mentioning would even pay attention to you in this forum… like your nonsense is some big threat to ■■■■ :smile:

According to your posts, there must be 1…2…maybe 6 Hasbara agents here to cover just you and a few other nincompoops.
Well… maybe there is a “Special Hasbara” office - like “special olympics” - that employs retards and they are assigned to you.

1 Like

Do you take everything you read literally?

Don’t have a clue how many Hasbara guys there are and don’t really care(1 is too many).

Ouch! That is how to slap them down! :smile:

1 Like

May can’t even get rewarded for offering to quit.

Maybe she wants a “participation trophy.”

1 Like