Brexit Betrayal

What they said was that the UK can revoke its Article-50 application at any time.
So that is not quite the same thing, also it appears that Treason May has not seized the opportunity to rat on us just because it is there.

May was challenged by Liz Saville Roberts, a Plaid Cymru MP, who said the European court ruling meant it was in the prime minister’s gift to personally take Brexit off the table.
The prime minister indicated that was true but made clear she had no plans to do such a thing. It would be a short-term fix, she said, but would betray voters who won the 2016 referendum. “Revoking article 50 would mean going back on the vote of the referendum and remaining in the EU,” May said.

1 Like

What I don’t understand with all this talk of delay is why no-one is talking abt how long?
After June and that means we will still have MEPS to elect
Before June - what can possibly change in a couple of months?
And don’t parliament need to agree and decide how long and for what purpoase they want a delay. I think Europe is asking but no-one here seems bothered
I still think May is running down the clock and we leave on 29th.:thinking:

True, he may not even manage a second term if the machinery gets going.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes it was to allow us to withdraw our article 50 notification without the unanimous consent of the EC. My point: what’s stopping them now ruling to say actually we can also extend beyond 29th March without the unanimous consent of the EC ?
It’s not like they want us to leave so why would they make it difficult to extend ? Especially if they sense it causing a general election/ second referendum etc etc…

I just hope none of this gets in the way of my Panda licorice order from Finland.

1 Like

Yep, it’s bad here.

The entrenched still cannot fathom why we elected Trump above all the other offerings. Then they vote down Trump’s Border Emergency declaration.

VETO! Winning.

Don’t think that would ever get through the house Stu

I think this, tho, is check mate!!!:grinning:

Theresa May and the EU both seem agreed that a short extension of Britain’s formal EU membership will only be possible if she has already passed her deal, but a long extension is likely to include severe conditions. The UK would be forced to take part in the European elections (Brexit by July 1 unless UK votes in EU election: Document – POLITICO) and The Times reports this morning that the EU will agree to extend for a long time if there is a second Brexit referendum

So EU will only allow a short ext if Mays deal is passed and they will only allow a long ext if there is a 2nd referendum. Mays deal won’t be passed and 2nd ref has been rejected…

Or to use tennis terminology I think that is game set and match

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s almost like a delay was incredibly predictable and all the bullshit conspiracy mongering was just bullshit conspiracy mongering.

…because the new Napoleon does not like nationalism, especially British Nationalism

Or maybe his parentage had favour in the Vichy government.

However … you have a point, but I thought the EU was too much of a behemoth to do anything quickly. Perhaps we shall see.

Neil fucking-Hamilton pops up again!
(pardon the sentence enhancement)
I thought they had gotten rid of him!

1 Like

So now that leaves no deal or cancel Article 50. Do MPs have the balls? I think not. If they do, they will be marked and their careers over. There would be major riots. There would be a seismic shift in British politics which could see someone like Nigel as the next PM. It is now Parliament vs. the people.

1 Like
4 Likes

Wow, excellent!!

I love (some of) the Italians

I thought the EU said they would only allow a long delay if we held a peoples vote.

Can you imagine what would happen if we got a 2 yr delay to Brexit??
Farage and anti EU parties would sweep the board
UKIP would be reborn
There would probably be a general election in short order
May would resign
Labour would implode
Tories would split in 2
EU would probably also implode

I’m beginning to think we should stay

1 Like