Brexit Betrayal

1 Like

I have a question for you Brits.

The vote against a no-deal Brexit was an amendment to a bill that failed to pass.

Does that mean that a no-deal Brexit is still a possibility or is some sort of deal required?

Wow, UK Brexit, and USA Wall.

Crazy that we are both in the same fix with the entrenched political class and the will of the people.

2 Likes

As the law currently stands we leave on 29th without a deal
To change that they have to change the law. The ERG have indicated that they could and would stop any attempt to change the law.
So…we leave on 29th without a deal…unless we don 't.
All 27 members of EU would also have to agree to delay article 50 Salvini and Macron have already said they would veto that without new conditions(I think).

Theresa May rose to her feet and stated a truth that much of the House did not like:
The legal default in UK and EU law remains that the UK will leave the EU without a deal unless something else is agreed.”

1 Like

No deal is still possible, though imo unlikely.

MP’s are going to be allowed a (non-binding) vote in favor of holding another referendum.

Methinks there’s going to be a delay for a year or something, and then eventually another referendum. But who the fuck knows at this point.

For an update as things stand:

1 Like

Yes, facts here, not sentiment!

1 Like

Some interesting numbers:

The Referendum Votes:
By Constituency; 406 Leave - 242 Remain
By Voting Area; 263 Leave - 119 Remain
By Party; Labour 148 Leave - 84 Remain Tory; 247 Leave - 80 Remain
By MP; 248 Leave - 400 Remain

MPs are the problem.

2 Likes

No second referendum then. Only 85 MPs voted for it. HA!! No deal (proper) Brexit is happening!

1 Like

I am varnishing the turds now…

Yes they do … they enough MPs in that place who would happily vote for more breathing space. Watch it whistle through in 3 days.

Ohh … please … PLEASE … don’t be wrong :pray:

Amendment rejected by 2 votes for Parliament to take control. Means May stays for now and achieve nothing. Nothing is getting passed. So we’re at the default position. :smile:

Corbyn’s amendment of extending Article 50 rejected 318 to 302 votes.

1 Like

Its all the stuff it depends on they don’t have time for
1 - EU have to give permission for a delay of indeterminate time so they will propose length of time for delay
2 - Parliament has to agree what it wants the delay for
3 - Parliament has to vote on length of delay
4 - May will bring her deal back for a third vote

And none of that is in the order of business yet
May is running down the clock until 29th when we leave with no deal then she will resign, her job done - as ordered

WTF?

1 Like

Precisely. The UK government enacts a modification to the Law which currently states Brexit occurs on 29th, the modification says the new date is 2 months later (or whatever). The EU says “fekk-off, you’re leaving on 29th March”.

It is no-longer the UK government’s fault.
Secondary achievement, the EU now looks even more like a Pariah to the UK public.
:clinking_glasses:

Last I heard MPs have agreed to apply for an extension.

Last I heard, the motion to extend Article 50 was rejected, but May is applying for the extension anyway. Yawn, we already know what the answer will be.

Do your politicians represent the people?