Brexit Betrayal

uk
brexit

It’s sickening but it does look that way Lou.

After the vote she actually mentioned the possibility of an extension and a second referendum with a smile. Have a watch and see if you can read her. Was the smile a “You’ve got no chance of a second referendum” or a “now the moment you have all been waiting for, we get a chance for second referendum” smile ?

Exactly Stu - they had to pretend they were really trying to reach a deal so they can claim plausible deniability and won’t get blamed.
The way May has played it was brilliant(I think) She couldn’t risk a deal that would be ratified by government so had to create the dogs breakfast we have atm. This was never gonna fly and she knew it - shes only following orders from above - get out with no deal and this is abt the only way she could do it.

So the Government’s motion before the Commons today is:

“That this House declines to approve leaving the European Union without a Withdrawal Agreement and a Framework for the Future Relationship on 29 March 2019; and notes that leaving without a deal remains the default in UK and EU law unless this House and the EU ratify an agreement.”

Doesn’t this mean that unless we have an agreed deal by 29th WE LEAVE WITH NO DEAL

Doesn’t that also mean that the vote today is a waste of time bc theres no way we are going to get a deal in 2 wks

Its written in law that we leave on 29th. To change that means they have to change the law - I don’t think they have time to do that.

Your version of events isn’t lost on me mate, I do understand and can see your point. I just don’t think it’s what the controllers want. If we look at the global activity of creating globalism your/our plan doesn’t fit. Unless of course the city has been pretending to be in on the global agenda only to pull the rug at the last minute and make the pound a worthwhile investment as it is no longer exposed to the treachery of globalism.
The suspense is killing me :grin:

Typical political move to circumvent the will of the people. Like the US politicians know what’s best,

But how can there be a deal before March 29th?

“Clear objective” meaning second referendum. Is that where we are heading? Bye bye democracy.

I have a question for you Brits.

The vote against a no-deal Brexit was an amendment to a bill that failed to pass.

Does that mean that a no-deal Brexit is still a possibility or is some sort of deal required?

Wow, UK Brexit, and USA Wall.

Crazy that we are both in the same fix with the entrenched political class and the will of the people.

As the law currently stands we leave on 29th without a deal
To change that they have to change the law. The ERG have indicated that they could and would stop any attempt to change the law.
So…we leave on 29th without a deal…unless we don 't.
All 27 members of EU would also have to agree to delay article 50 Salvini and Macron have already said they would veto that without new conditions(I think).

Theresa May rose to her feet and stated a truth that much of the House did not like:
The legal default in UK and EU law remains that the UK will leave the EU without a deal unless something else is agreed.”

No deal is still possible, though imo unlikely.

MP’s are going to be allowed a (non-binding) vote in favor of holding another referendum.

Methinks there’s going to be a delay for a year or something, and then eventually another referendum. But who the fuck knows at this point.

For an update as things stand:

Yes, facts here, not sentiment!

Some interesting numbers:

The Referendum Votes:
By Constituency; 406 Leave - 242 Remain
By Voting Area; 263 Leave - 119 Remain
By Party; Labour 148 Leave - 84 Remain Tory; 247 Leave - 80 Remain
By MP; 248 Leave - 400 Remain

MPs are the problem.

No second referendum then. Only 85 MPs voted for it. HA!! No deal (proper) Brexit is happening!

I am varnishing the turds now…

Yes they do … they enough MPs in that place who would happily vote for more breathing space. Watch it whistle through in 3 days.