Brexit Betrayal

‘Instead of standing up to this, like Labour should have stood up to Momentum, we are falling into the same trap. Both main parties are broken.’

This quote from Soubry says it all.

One could rewrite this as “we the MPs are in danger of being deposed by the party members”.

I wonder if any of them stopped to think about why that could be…

1 Like

Yep. :smile:

I also hear that Labour is fracturing itself with Chuka and some others breaking free.

Yes, 7 back bench MPs gone today.

“Honda have been very clear – this decision has been made because of global trends and is not related to Brexit. The Turkey factory will also close as all European market production is being consolidated to Japan where the company is based. This consolidation is made easier by the new EU-Japan trade deal which will allow Honda to produce their cars in Japan and import them into the EU, rather than produce the cars in Europe.”

So there you have it: the bluff is thereby called of those claiming that the UK needs to be in a customs union with the EU like Turkey. And they also need to explain, if the decision is supposed to be about Brexit, why it is that production is not being moved to another EU member state rather than Japan which, last time I checked, is not a member of the EU…

Chuka says they will form a new party within months and are expecting Tory defectors. What happens to their seats? As independents, they get to retain their seats till the next GE - surely that is not right! There needs to be by elections. We did not vote for an independent MP, but for a representative of a party. I think the potential Tory defectors are going to jump ship and cling on to their seats, before they are pushed out by the purple Momentum.

1 Like

Honda have said more than once that this decision has nothing to do with Brexit.

CU was on the box last night claiming that people voted for the person, not the party.

I see they are already out of touch with the electorate…!

2 Likes

This would be a great time for MAYbe to call a general election :smiling_imp:

RTR3A8L7-jpg_140146

Well said Nigel. Utter traitors they are!

1 Like

Looks like we gonna leave with no deal

''Because if we say we will never, ever leave without a deal, the EU would know, for certain, that they can stop Brexit in its tracks simply by refusing to agree a deal with us. Or, if they’re feeling subtle, by offering a bad deal they know Parliament will turn down. Either way, they’d know we’d blink. Faced with those options, we couldn’t take either of them. We would have no choice. We’d have to go cap in hand and beg the EU to delay the day we leave.

And at a meeting of the Conservative Party’s National Convention of senior volunteers in Oxford on Saturday, BBC News (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47346630) reports that the Prime Minister told the assembled gathering that Brexit must not be delayed:’'

1 Like

What do you think of May postponing the vote?

Well, I never knew!

1 Like

She has restated (again today I believe) that Brexit is happening on 29th March. This could be manoeuvring to ensure that there is insufficient time for zealots to derail the process by enacting a repeal or something.

In rugby its called running out the clock - shes got what she wants(no deal Brexit) and now shes just pretending there is a chance of a deal to keep everyone happy.
She really has played a blinder - what she has done was just about the only option to ensure a no deal Brexit.
Now she will leave with a big fat pension and ride off into the sunset.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think it is a gamble to force MP’s to vote for her deal or postpone Brexit. It is a feeble attempt at blackmail, deliberately set at late in the day when there is no more time for any more renegotiation.

I learnt that the manifesto for the last election did not involve any of the cabinet. It was put together by May and her advisers. So, it set out to freeze the elderly, take food away from children and bring back foxhunting. I said it at the time, that she intended to lose seats to the LibDems so she could say the country doesn’t want Brexit after all. However it backfired because Corbyn offered loads of free stuff. And why did she call the election when she did as she had no need to as the Tories were sitting on a comfortable majority? Again it supports the argument that she intended to lose seats.

May is a Remainer and a conniving and dishonest one. She is not looking to run down the clock for a no deal Brexit. She is scheming to tie us into an extension period, during which no deal will be taken off the table, so we will be permanently tethered to he EU. This delay tactic is just another gamble, which I am sure will backfire so we will leave with no deal in the end because of all the pig headed incompetencies of those who are determined to thwart it.

1 Like

Surely you cannot assign any validity to reports from that rag !?

Hell no! But what I think is irrelevent I’m just the messenger - Is it true - I don’t know or care very much but someone thinks it is.

A meaningful voice.

Amazing as I thought the vote was taken and the people made the decision final.

The EU is even considering making the UK stay in the block until 2021. Pretty funny as if they had that power.