BREAKING: Senators Working to Slip Israel Anti-Boycott Law Through in Lame Duck

https://politicalbullpen.com/t/breaking-senators-working-to-slip-israel-anti-boycott-law-through-in-lame-duck/284/10?u=call_me_ishmael

Did I mention… there has long been laws that govern interstate and international commerce?

Stop deflecting. Show where the majority of us are wrong - or are misunderstanding plainly written language that carries penalties for US citizens. That part is on you.

He reconstructed it in such a way to support his position. The bills are constructed so as to be unambiguous… not to confuse.

Nonsense - that is the exact language of the bill as posted by you. If you don’t understand how these things are written that is on you.

Have you read the summary yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=dP0-YohJR-g

I read it all, buddy.

How so? Can you show me where I did that?

For one thing… you keep ignoring who the bill applies to.

Then why did you ask me this?

Seems to me you did not fully read what you posted and are defending.

1 Like

The bill applies to US citizens and their businesses.

The bill prohibits any U.S. person engaged interstate or foreign commerce from supporting:

1 Like

You did not accurately quote the summary initially.
Why did you exclude those bolded words?

You wrote.

Just a few more words and it might have been accurate. But you intentionally excluded them. Why?
I know why.

1 Like

That is literally any and every US citizen. If you buy something on Amazon you are engaged in interstate commerce.

OMG…and I just drank coffee that came from Columbia. I better watch what I say!

What the hell are you talking about? I posted a summary of the language from the link that you posted. I then provided the full text.

Can you show me where in the bill it says it isn’t applicable to consumers engaged in interstate commerce?

You omitted the important words. Your post is right here. You omitted words that are critical to its meaning and applicability. Don’t backpedal.

Enough. You got my opinion and the evidence that the criticism of the bill is not 100% honest. My opinion - as posted - is strong enough to stand on it’s own now.

Critisim of the bill is using language from the bill.

Actually he didn’t… this may have been conjoined to emphasize a point but he posted the entire thing here:

LarryFounding Member

Read the summary of the link that you posted. Click the summary tab.

The bill prohibits any U.S. person engaged interstate or foreign commerce from supporting:

• any request by a foreign country to impose any boycott against a country that is friendly to the United States and that is not itself the object of any form of boycott pursuant to United States law or regulation, or
  • any boycott fostered or imposed by any international governmental organization against Israel or any request by any international governmental organization to impose such a boycott.

The bill amends the Export-Import Bank Act of 1945 to include as a reason for the Export-Import Bank to deny credit applications for the export of goods and services between the United States and foreign countries, opposition to policies and actions that are politically motivated and are intended to penalize or otherwise limit commercial relations specifically with citizens or residents of Israel, entities organized under the laws of Israel, or the government of Israel.

Only after I called him on it. His first post that purported to quote the bill said only this.

https://politicalbullpen.com/t/breaking-senators-working-to-slip-israel-anti-boycott-law-through-in-lame-duck/284/7?u=call_me_ishmael