BREAKING: Senators Working to Slip Israel Anti-Boycott Law Through in Lame Duck

I just amended what I was typing as I saw @Scott’s post come in.

I was providing the relevant language for ease of reading. A wall of text is seldom useful. But I wasn’t hiding anything as I posted the full body from the summary of the bill.

You are deflecting and have provided no relevant points to refute anything.

Relevant? You intentionally omitted who the bill was targeted at. Puleeeese!

You didn’t even know what I was quoting. I had to point out to you that it was in the summary and not in the mechanics of the bill. The summary contains the intent.

This proves you didn’t read the full bill. It also proves you don’t understand what you have read thus far.

The bill is targeted at US citizens. I did not omit that detail.

Can you tell me what a boycott is?

1 Like

In addition to defining boycott, he should also define what a US citizen is as well as interstate commerce.

Um… yeah. Every year for as long as I can remember I have gone though anti-boycott training for the federal contracts I support. Maybe if I log onto my work site today, I’ll help you out by copying exactly what the definition is. This is not new. We have had anti boycott laws for years.

Anything that restricts the speech of a US citizen or the commerce that a US citizen enages in is unconstitutional and anti-American.

:smile:

Most US laws target US citizens.

So your context is…because companies that drain our tax dollars by leeching off the federal government are not allowed to participate in boycotts then this bill just means the same thing…except for private US citizens who are not leeching off the federal government.

Speaking of laws…
Strawmen should be imprisoned.

Speaking of deflection…try answering a question.

1 Like

I think it’s just ridiculousness, not damage control. @Call_me_Ishmael apparently believes that because a company that is under contract to the federal government (making them an agent of the government) can’t engage in boycotting activities the so to must this prohibition be applied to all citizens and their businesses.

It is utter nonsense.

2 Likes

Ahh… 10 to 1 against my post. I’ve been doing just fine here… answering, commenting on, and refuting your posts.

You have refuted absolutely nothing. You have provided opinion without evidence.

20 bucks says he doesn’t answer that or calls it a strawman.

Do you believe this should apply to all countries or just Israel.

2 Likes

…and it appears to me that those arguing against what you say may be confused about the applicability of the bill.

Nowhere do I see any provisions to punish boycotts of Israel that are NOT FOSTERED BY INTERNATIONAL GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS.

If that is correct, US citizens can foster their own boycotts of anything related ti Israel.

What’s the problem?

2 Likes