Basic Rights in the US

How ya been? Been a long time!

Iā€™ve been alright. I feel like my life has been improving over the past year. I also think I might finally be reforming my broken politics into a coherent worldview, something Iā€™ve been waiting for for at least six years.

Whatā€™s going on with you? You didnā€™t transition to the new Hannity forum. It wasnā€™t bad, for the first few months, at least.

Healthcare would not be free. Everyone would have to contribute.

The Left: advancing government in all circumstances whatsoever because itā€™s bad if people have to take care of their own needs.

1 Like

Soā€¦ it would not be free ā€¦ like in Jamaica?

How would Medicare for all prevent someone from taking care of their own needs? The government wonā€™t be scheduling appointments for you? They wonā€™t be diagnosing you. It actually free people up from the overly complicated insurance structure.

Why should the government provide services for individual welfare at all? It is not a delegated power of the federal government anyway.

And if you wanted to free up the complicated insurance structure you might undo Left Wing mocking about with mandating levels of coverage that caused a lot of the complexity to begin with.

1 Like

They do for SS. They do for Medicare. They do for VA. All freeway/interstate infrastructure is for individual welfare.

The first two of which are backed by enumerated powers.

1 Like

The VA is covered as an aspect of being an employer, that as an employer the federal has any rights common to employers.

As for the roads being for individual welfare, thatā€™s laughable. Roads are nominally covered because we still have a post office (a delegated power) and use them as post roads,

1 Like

Just keeping busy at work. I had taken a break from Hannity because I found myself being too angry at the same old trolls and it wasnā€™t fun anymore. Then decided to go get a degree so I could move into a VP role and Iā€™m in that process now. Time has been a bit short with school, work, my grandson and the such. Now I just stop by on occasion to read a bit and itā€™s fun here without all of the PC nonsense. :wink: Great to see you again!

Like they do now? Not sure youā€™ve seen the latest figures on taxation but are you suggesting everyone contributes? Are you suggesting with the new entitlement, everyone would contribute equally?

1 Like

Hereā€™s a fundamental difference. These folks are talking Medicare for all. Not Medicare for those that pay, like the system is structured today. Not SS for those that pay, like itā€™s currently structured. The freeway/interstate is a bit different as itā€™s not a personal benefit, itā€™s a public benefit. The two are very different animals. Then going to VA, again, this is a benefit that is available to those that earn it, not available to all.

Thereā€™s a huge difference between funding something for 50 years with your taxes, then getting a benefit at the end of life and getting a benefit for the rest of your life that you havenā€™t paid into. . . One is an extremely inefficient way to retire that gives you horrible benefits vs the amount you contribute, the other is an entitlement that will bankrupt this nation.

1 Like

If a little is goodā€¦ alot will be better?
Is that about the sum of your view?

You do know that none of the programs you listed are a long term success, donā€™t you? Running out of money, people dying while they wait, etc.

Andā€¦noā€¦ roads were needed for other reasons and certainly not all are paid for by feds.

I donā€™t think everyone should contribute evenly. It should be progressive just like our tax system. There may be other ways to do this but I am drawing a blank.

Not sure how you would tier it based on health/ageā€¦ but it could work.

Even with Medicare for all, people could opt out and choose their own private insurance. I think in those scenarios they should have their taxes lowered (but not eliminated) to help them afford their own insurance.

Isnā€™t having a health population beneficial to the public? Just like roads? Having roads and healthy roads benefits me as an individual. If each town had to fund their own portion of a freeway, I as an individual would be paying more for things to be shipped to me. The fact that the funding is public takes that inconsistency out.

Medicare isnā€™t a success? What is your measure?

I didnā€™t say all roads are funded by the feds, interstates are, some freeways, some local roads. Either way it is a personal benefit to me to have interstates and it is publicly funded.

ROTFLMAO.

Woulda coulda shoulda.
If the authors of the constitution woulda but didnā€™t.
If we didnā€™t have 22 trillion in debt, couda.
If we didnā€™t waste 1 trillion a year today on healthcare shoulda.

And itā€™s a commodity not a right.

You have a right to pay for healthcare if you want healthcare.

1 Like

Not sure if Jamaicans pay attention to all words in sentence. But letā€™s try to here. I said ā€œlong term successā€. Itā€™s running out of money.

2 Likes

If you opt out, do you opt out of the payment as well? In principle, I have no problem with an opt in system but Iā€™ve never heard a single politician suggest that. It would need to be on a segregated account rather than coming from the general fund to see if itā€™ll stand on its own two feet. What I believe would happen is that itā€™ll roll into the general fund and Iā€™ll end up paying for mine AND for the health care of others as well.