55 Miles of Border Wall -- WINNING

Trump was elected for many reasons. He made a lot of promises. Building the wall was but one of those many promises.

As with any President, he will be able to keep some of his promises and there will be some that he won’t be able to keep.

Obama promised to close Gitmo. God knows he gave it his best shot. It simply wasn’t to be. I’m glad he failed, but I don’t believe he is a liar for not delivering on his promise.

Well, now we know.

It’s all about you.

So much for the “guy” who is the “light and hope” for the downtrodden.

You kept your doctor. All is well in your world. You got yours didn’t you?

(shrug) to anyone else who didn’t.

Hypocrite.

When you are ready to discuss the topic instead of simply regurgitating LW talking points I’ll be here. :wink:

He will build a wall on the southern border and Mexico will pay for it. Nothing has changed in that regard.

The majority of the American people kept their doctor and their health insurance.

I don’t care. But you seem to. Joke is on you.

:rofl: You are an idiot.

I’m not sure where we are in our back and forth, so forgive me if I am missing a step. But I believe I was addressing DMK who very plainly claimed Trump was elected to build the wall.

I was acknowledging that fact and pointing out that congress was not - and I use as evidence the fact that the GOP controlled congress and house actively avoided funding a border wall. Because they believe they were elected by a constituent group that did not want a wall built.

Separately, in fact I agree completely with your implicit statement here - this is just one of many things Trump promised, just like Obama promised to close gitmo, and to get out of afghanistan or iraq…(I don’t even remember now…)

But that is not my central question. Which is, why is he shutting down the government over it NOW, instead of then? And I believe the answer is, so he can whip he base into an anti- democratic frenzy and win in 2020.

If this issue really mattered to him he would have been talking this way for two years. He wasn’t so it doesn’t.

Is the way I see it.

But that is operate from the kernel of this conversation ( I think) which is, the GOP congress people and senators have not been supporting the wall because they believe that position is conisitent with their voter’s will.

That is true for hose who received their insurance through employers. That wasn’t true for the most vulnerable however. That is always the case with big government. It is the most vulnerable who bear the brunt of Government ineptitude.

I agree completely.

But I am challenging his supporters to think about why NOW this promise resurfaces. After his own party rebuffs the value of this commitment, he raises it again it Trumpian grandure…why? Because now he can blame the Ds instead of his on party - despite the reality that his own party doesn’t want the wall.

I believe it is simpler than that.

Congress is inept. They brought us to this point. I blame both sides.

Having had enough, Trump finally put his foot down.

If he signs this bipartisan bill both of those Trump talking points will be false.

1. If Trump signs a bill from Congress… it means WE will be paying for “barriers” not Mexico

2. If Trump signs… it means that there will be no wall, just “barriers”

If he doesn’t sign… then hope is still alive for both talking points

FYI. Courtesy when you reference a poster is to use the @ so they can respond :heart:

Trump was elected for several reasons. A major one being securing our borders.

Ture, but a large majority of insured americans at the time received their insurance through their employers, and therefore, the promise was kept.

I’m not arguing that it was complete true. Simply ponting out it was true for most americans.

Trump never claimed Mexico would outright pay for the wall. He always implied that the money would come from trade deals or other similar devices.

In regards to what we call the barrier, that is simply DEMs playing games in order to avoid giving Trump a success. Trump will continue to call any barrier a wall, and there is nothing DEMs can do about it.

great - thanks.

The key here is that many vulnerable Americans were hurt by Obamacare. They can’t simply be ignored.

Trump will build his wall. You can take that to the bank. Mulvaney wasn’t blowing smoke when he stated as much.

1 Like

That’s not true.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

1 Like

That is absolutely false! I think you need to do your research a little better and be more genuine in your original statements!