55 Miles of Border Wall -- WINNING

So I have this clear…

You are stating that Trump did not run on Mexico paying for the wall?

Yes, a small percent of many districts in america voted for trump and gave him the win. that does not mean he will ever advance his agenda.

As we are seeing now, a small pocket of trump’s voters here and there are still usually the minority in the districts of the congress people, meaning their wishes don’t get advanced in congress.

Which is exactly how it’s suppose to work.

Trump repeatedly promised that mexico would pay for the wall. That is a fact.

Trump ran on securing the border.

The naive bought into Mexico paying for it much like: “read my lips… no new taxes” or, " I will get rid of Guantanamo" or “if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor”, “you have to pass the bill to see what is in it”.

We all realize we (the United States) has to pay for border security.

1 Like

And Obama said if you want to keep your doctor you can keep your doctor.

Neither of us has any clue about what is going on behind the scenes, so all we can do is speculate.

My speculation is that he will find the money and will build the wall. That in no way diminishes the possibility that he has already been doing exactly that. You assume he has been doing nothing, simply because you weren’t personally kept abreast of his plans.

Yes, that is how the Electoral College works.

What Americans overall want is thwarted by lunatics like AOC.

Are you implying that politicians should make their decisions based on polls? :confused:

Actually that isn’t true. That’s not why I voted for him.

He’s just regurgitating LW talking points.

Of course. :rofl:

You are wrong on both counts. Trump wasn’t elected to have Mexico pay for a wall and Obama wasn’t elected to close Gitmo.

Trump ran on many things. Border security was a prominent part of Trump’s platform. In that regard he is delivering.

In some form or fashion Mexico will pay for the wall, but that single boast was not why he was elected.

It’s not possible for the president to spend money without congress knowing about it. I mean, unless he does something illegal like Reagan.

It’s curious to me that you seem to approve of Trump doing nothing for two years when conditions were more favorable to him. And you seem to suggest in fact this is all part of a grand, brilliance plan.

Isn’t it more likely that the new york city liberal who ran as a conservative and never held a government job simply couldn’t get this task done for two years, can’t get it done now, and instead is using it as a 2020 election issue now that the Ds are back in power?

Should? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Do they? Of course they do.

This in fact is the justifacication for DMKs argument - trump was elected to build the wall.

I kept my doctor… (shrug)

Really, Peek? Don’t engage. They are so asinine and tone deaf there is no real conversation to be had.

You are giving entirely two much weight to those two promises. Those promises were not the reason they were elected.

Oh now we are at the “I knew Trump was kidding” phase. Hahahahaha

He literally said he would be build a and Mexico would pay for it he said it hundreds of times.

THERE WILL BE NO WALL BUILT!

The “Art of the Deal” negotiatior has 25 billion dollars a year ago, for just the wall. Now he has 1.3 billion for “barriers” hahahahaha.

Nobody is a better negotiator… nobody