55 Miles of Border Wall -- WINNING

Dems Offer 1.3b For Border Wall

Weren’t they offering $1.5B before the shutdown?

Is this what winning feels like?

A Republican-Democrat border security deal that is expected to be offered to President Trump funds about $1.3 billion for a United States-Mexico border wall and includes no increase in detention space to control increasing illegal immigration at the border.

This funding is set to provide about 55 miles of new border wall along the roughly 2,000-mile long southern border.

Much like the 2018 omnibus spending, which prevented Trump from building a border wall out of new materials, the deal is set to tack on stipulations as to what the barrier can be made from and where it can be placed.

Additionally, the deal keeps detention space for federal immigration officials to detain illegal aliens and border crossers at the same levels that have been funded over the last two years. The deal includes about 40,250 beds for immigration detention facilities, about 11,500 fewer beds than Trump had requested.

In the meantime, illegal immigration at the southern border is expected to reach levels that have not been seen since President George W. Bush. Researchers project, at current rates, there will be more than 600,000 illegal aliens apprehended at the border this year. In December 2018, there were about 51,000 border crossers apprehended.

What the hell is 55 miles of border wall even going to do?

They are probably going to build it in the middle of bumfuck nowhere too so its hardly effective at all.

I’m so sick of this shit. Defend the god damn border.

We are either a country or we aren’t.

http://archive.is/HBRtb

1 Like

I should install a new toilet in my bathroom, so if the government could kindly grant me 200 million dollars so I can remodel my house and pastures, that’d be swell. :+1:

I strongly believe Trump is taking Jason Chaffetz’s advice and is diverting unused funds from other areas to build the wall. I believe that is where the real action will be taking place.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jason-chaffetz-trumps-border-wall-may-get-funding-after-all-thanks-to-this-dirty-little-washington-secret

I further believe that Trump will be able to point to areas on the border where wall construction is well underway, in time for the 2020 campaign season.

Why hasn’t he been doing this already?

I can only speculate, but I’m guessing he was looking for congress to do their job. It is now obvious that isn’t going to happen so……………

Congress was doing their job. The GOP congress did not appropriate money for a border wall because they did not believe it was necessary. They all said as much.

Now that President Trump has the dems to blame, he is making it a bigger deal.

That is your take. I see it differently. DEMs hate Trump plain and simple. They will do everything in their power to prevent him from having any success.

Trump and the GOP have caved. This is their yellow new deal. I now make the odds less than 50-50 that Trump runs for re-election. He’d need to admit that he failed in his number 1 promise.

How exactly did he fail???

The wall will be built. He didn’t promise he would build it with explicit funding from congress. He promised he would build it. Thus far he hasn’t failed in that regard.

But what they are doing - resisting his calls to fun a wall - is exactly what the GOP congress and senate did for two years.

Does the GOP also hate Trump?

You keep forgetting, they needed 60 votes in the Senate. :wink:

It’s been two years and he’s built zero miles. That’s a rate of zero miles per year. He’s about as close to failure as he can get. I’m disgusted.

Sooooooooooooo…………………………….

It is over.

Trump is a failure.

Where have I heard that nonsense before? :roll_eyes:

This will make it that much easier for him to declare an emergency to finish up. I mean the dems supported this so there is a need. How do you sue him over doing more of what you approved?

#TheLongGame

So?

They still do.

Why would he publicize it? Wait… i bet you think there are no black budgets, hidden from all but a few hand chosen in congress.

Hahahahagagaga

1 Like

You clearly mentioned a so-called GOP congress. I was simply reminding you that there was no GOP congress without a 60 vote GOP majority in the Senate.

In any case, it is all water under the bridge. This is the here and now. Trump will likely find alternative funding for the wall, as suggested by Jason Chaffetz

You know very little about federal acquisition.

Here …

https://www.acquisition.gov/browse/index/far

1 Like

Exactly. Better to point to a completed product than to publicize your plans so that LIB courts can interfere.

Yes, I don’t know much about federal acquisition. What does that link show?

I do know a little about politics, and if Trump loses people like me, he’s in some trouble. He’s very close to losing me. I don’t have much trust in politicians, I believe in results.

1 Like