173 kt meteor explosion caught on video from space

My self respect remains completely intact.

Why can’t you give a straight answer to a very simple question?

If you reject solid evidence from the literal definitive sources what evidence would suffice?

That was a clever play on words as a riposte to what you wrote about my extreme skepticism. Anyway if you won’t respect my opinion after I asked you politely to drop it, which is the definition of ‘bigotry’, I won’t be responding to any more of your posts. So don’t waste your time writing any more on this topic, because I have better things to do than play word games with you!

You boxed yourself in here, nobody had to help.

You were asked to answer a couple of simple questions and start calling people bigots for asking them.

If you can’t engage in a civil debate, don’t engage at all.

Last word: your rudeness speaks volumes about you - almost as if I’ve touched a raw nerve and have made you realise you’re being fooled. Anyhoo, over and out.

Run along and lick your wounds.

I rest my case, m’Lud.

You have no case to rest or even rest on.

You are an intellectual midget in a land of giants.

1 Like

And I’ll thank you to stop lecturing me. You might know enough about guns ( :roll_eyes: ) to impress your yee-ha good buddy Doc_Whatshisname, but that doesn’t make you an oracle on everything else? If you want to engage with me in future you’d better learn to be more respectful.

So where do you think NASA’s VCR equipment was when all this was going on?

This thread would be dead had you not bumped it.

The weather satellites are on constant feed and their data is stored on massive hard drives for both immediate use and future study.

Climatologists and meteorologists constantly study weather events and patterns so that they can make ever more accurate future forecasts.

You can let this thread die and stop embarrassing yourself at any point you choose.

I know it was an awkward question for you (??) but I didn’t bump it, I happened across it whilst browsing the threads; it was another one of yours which for whatever reason never made it to my notifications list. As you said . . . it happens.

One of my signatures is ‘The bigger the lie, the more there are who will believe it.’ Have a think about that??

By definition you bumped the thread which had been dead for 9 days.

If you can’t handle facts don’t engage me at all.

I suggest it would have taken fewer words to tell me where NASA’s VCR equipment was at the time of ‘the event’ than to write that? But if you don’t know where it was, that’s okay - neither do I.

They haven’t used VCR’s for decades.

Nasa’s servers are at NASA, NOAA’s servers are at NOAA.

Not that hard to understand.

The thread title mentions ‘video’, so was it video’d or wasn’t it? Or am I gonna get yet another load of mumbo-jumbo BS.

Video is recorded on hard drives today, not tape cassettes. The storage capacity of the average hard drive today is exponentially higher than on tape and takes up a fraction of the space.

This has been the case since the late 90’s when the first high capacity hard drives were developed.

Alright, so where was the HDD recording equipment during the ‘event’?

Already answered above.

It wasn’t, so I’ll ask again; where was the HDD recording equipment during the ‘event’?

There’s no need to reply to that - you’ve obviously bought into it, and there’s nothing I can say to reason with you.

Conspiracy theories based on zero evidence are not “reason”.

The fact is NASA maintains it’s own servers as does NOAA at their weather centers.